This new Jump Start courseware comes from the early readiness content that was used for Live delivery directly from Microsoft. This 3-day course was taught to over 1400 students and received an NSAT of 164 from the post-event survey similar to the MTM format used for MOC courses. This is a demo-based course and does not include labs.
Microsoft Office 365 for IT Professionals is specially tailored for technologists looking for real-world proof of how cloud-based Office 365 enables organizations to solve more problems from more places. Microsoft Office 365 brings together cloud versions of our most trusted email communication and collaboration software -- Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Lync Online -- with the Office Professional Plus desktop suite.
This course is designed for experienced IT Professionals, IT Decision Makers, Network Administrators, Microsoft customers and partners who need to determine how to best leverage the cloud.
Return to Top
At the end of this course, students will:
- Understand Key components of Microsoft Office 365.
- Know the deployment models.
- Understand key elements of automation using PowerShell.
- Know how to use Directory Sync.
- Differentiate key functionality for Microsoft Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and Lync Online.
Return to Top
Before attending this course, students must have:
Knowledge and proficiency with the following Microsoft technologies:
- Active Directory Domain Services and Federation Services (ADFS) 2.0; DNS; PowerShell
- Microsoft Exchange 2010/2007/20032000 ; SharePoint Server 2010/2007
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 Or Microsoft Lync Server 2010
- Microsoft Office 2010/2007; Microsoft Internet Explorer (and other browsers); Windows Update/Microsoft Update; Windows Phone and mobility
Knowledge of network topology:
- Active Directory sites, trusts, and topology
- Wide area connectivity: on-premise networks/equipment / Internet bandwidth and latency
- Firewall technologies
Additional areas of knowledge:
- SSL Certificates; Email encryption; Archival systems
- Lotus Notes Domino, Novell GroupWise, POP/IMAP/SMTP based systems
- Project Management
Return to Top
Module 1: Office 365 Overview
Module 2: Deploying Clients for Microsoft Office 365Lessons
- Why Office 365?
- Security in Office 365
- Multi-layered Defense
- Security and Compliance Features
Module 3: Microsoft Office 365 Administration and Automation Using Windows PowerShell
- Client Requirements (Software and Hardware)
- What Office Professional Plus is and isn’t
- Office Professional Plus Components and Interactions
- Office Professional Plus Deployment Options
- Office Professional Plus Installation Overview
- Office Professional Plus Deployment Considerations
Module 4: Microsoft Office 365 Identity and Access Solutions
- Update on Office 365 PowerShell plans
- Overview of Features
Module 5: Microsoft Office 365 Directory Synchronization
- Cover the different Identity Options
- Explain the Identity Architecture and Features
- Describe how federated authentication works
- Describe the various deployment scenarios
Module 6: Using Directory Sync
- What is Directory Sync?
- Using Directory Sync
Module 7: Microsoft Exchange Online Administration
- What is Exchange Online?
- Exchange Online delivers: Anywhere Access, Protection and Compliance, Visibility and Control
- Deployment Flexibility
- Unsupported feature sets
Module 8: Microsoft Staged Exchange Online Migration
- The Tools
- RBAC in the Cloud
- Mailbox Provisioning Options
- License assignment and enforcement
- Cross Premises Administration
- Partner Administration
- Geopolitical Restrictions
Module 9: Hybrid Deployment w/ Exchange Server
- Migration Overview
- Cutover Exchange migration
- Staged Exchange migration
- What’s Coming?
Module 10: Exchange Online Archiving and Compliance
- Review Hybrid Features
- Planning Requirements
- Exchange Sharing
- Secure Transport
- Deployment Stages
Module 11: Lync Online Overview and Configuration
- Overview of compliance in Exchange Online
- Explain and demonstrate key compliance features in Exchange Online: Personal Archive, Discovery, Retention and Hold Policies, Information Rights Management, Transport Rules
Module 12: SharePoint Online Overview
- Lync Online Overview
- Initial set up and network configuration
- Setting up Lync federation
- Lync Meetings and dial-in audio conferencing
- Roadmap update
Module 13: SharePoint Online Administration
- SharePoint Online Features
- Where to start
- Live in a Hybrid World
Module 14: SharePoint Online Extensibility and Customization
- Delegated administration
- SharePoint Online Administration overview
- Site Collection ownership
- Planning and Assessing a Move to the Cloud
Module 15: Office 365 Deployment Overview
- Overview of Microsoft SharePoint Online development
- The power user and/or designer: In-browser customizations; SharePoint Designer 2010--no-code solutions
- The developer: Sandboxed solutions; Microsoft Silverlight
- Pre-Deployment Considerations
- Planning ->Preparing ->Migrating: Common Deployment Blockers; Organizational Planning; Network Planning; User Identity and Provisioning Planning; Exchange Online; Lync Online; SharePoint Online; Client Deployment; Mobile Devices
Return to Top