This course prepares you for the 70-410 Exam leading to 70-410 Certification. This course does not include the Official Exam Voucher, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.
About this course:
As technology becomes an integral part of almost all industries today, it is pertinent to remember that no business can be entirely successful without utilizing modern tech. Microsoft is a key player in this tech revolution and Windows is used as an Operating system by many big organizations. Hence , it is safe to assume that the demand for Microsoft Windows administrators will only increase in the future. But those experts have to stay up to date with the latest tech. Currently , the average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $69,077 per annum.
This course is at an advanced level . This course is designed to provide students with practical experience in installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2 in the current enterprise environment. This MCSA® Server 2012 training primarily focuses on the initial implementation and configuration of core services for example Storage, Networking, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Group Policy, File and Print Services and Hyper-V.
Windows Server 2012 which is also known as "Windows Server 8", is the sixth version released by Windows Server. It serves as an updated version of Windows 8 and succeeds Windows Server 2008 R2. This course delves deeper into the techniques of deploying and managing Windows Server 2012, Managing Active Directory Domain Services Objects, Automating Active Directory Domain Services Administration and Implementing IPv4.
Primarily, this course has been designed specifically to prepare all participants for the Microsoft 70-410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 certification exam.
By the end of this course, the students should be have learnt the following skills and be able to;
- Acquire the skills needed to install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of AD DS.
- Learn how to manage Active Directory objects.
- Understand how to automate Active Directory administration.
- Gain skills needed to effectively Implement IPv4.
- Gain skills needed to effectively implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Gain skills needed to effectively implement Domain Name System (DNS).
- Gain skills needed to effectively implement IPv6.
- Gain skills needed to effectively implement local storage.
- Gain skills needed to efficiently execute file and print services.
- Execute a Group Policy.
- Learn how to protect Windows servers by the use of Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Learn how to implement server virtualization via Hyper-V tech.
This course is targeted towards the following audience;
- Those Windows Server administrators who are not very experienced and wish to learn more about Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 and aspire to gain more skills.
These are the prerequisites which are an absolute requirement for attending this course.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the basics of networking.
- Gain a strong grasp of AD DS concepts.
- Learn and know security best practices.
- A fundamental understanding of server hardware.
- Some previous experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Suggested prerequisite course:
The following courses are suggested to be taken prior to attending this course
- Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure - MOC On Demand (MS-10967)