This course prepares you for the 70-411 Exam leading to 70-411 Certification. This course does not include the Official Exam Voucher, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.
About this course:
As technology becomes an integral part of almost all industries today, it is pertinent to remember that no business can be entirely successful without utilizing modern tech. Microsoft is a key player in this tech revolution and Windows is used as an Operating system by many big organizations. Hence , it is safe to assume that the demand for Microsoft Windows administrators will only increase in the future. But those experts have to stay up to date with the latest tech. Currently , the average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $69,077 per annum.
This course is the second part of a series of three courses on Windows Server 2012. The series serves as a master class in helping students acquire the skills and understanding needed to launch a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in a previously existing enterprise environment .This series of three courses focuses on implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment.
Since all three courses deal with the same broad theme at hand, sometimes there is an overlap of the topics and techniques being discussed between these courses This particular course focuses on the administration tasks required for the deployment, management and maintenance a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. Examples include advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS), Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), Network Load Balancing, Failover Clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery services. Moreover, it also gives extensive examples to work with information provisioning and protection technologies such as Dynamic Access Control (DAC), and Web Application Proxy integration with AD FS and Workplace Join.
This course goes one step further by moving to practical exercises as compared to just theoretical knowledge. Along with tutorials this course includes practical exercises to practice the configuration of advanced Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R and services in this Microsoft Official Course.
Primarily, this course has been designed specifically to prepare all participants for the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Exam 411: Administering Windows Server 2012 and ensure that they clear it with flying colors.
By the end of this course, the students should be have learnt the following skills and be able to;
- Learn how to configure and troubleshoot Domain Name System
- Learn how to manage Active Directory Domain Services
- Learn how to handle multiple User and Service Accounts
- Learn how to execute a Group Policy Infrastructure
- Learn to manage User Desktops using Group Policy
- Acquire skills needed to install, configure and troubleshoot Network Policy Server
- Learn how to execute Network Access Protection
- Acquire the skills needed for remote access
- Learn how to efficiently optimize File Services
- Acquire skills needed to configure encryption and Advanced Auditing
- Efficiently deploy and maintain Server Images
- Properly execute Update Managements
- Learn how to constantly and vigilantly monitor Windows Server 2012
This course is targeted towards the following audience;
- Those Windows Server Administrators who have previously worked with Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012
- Those Windows Server Administrators who aspire to acquire skills needed to carry out routine management and maintenance tasks in a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
These are the prerequisites which are an absolute requirement for attending this course.
- Previous basic knowledge and skills needed for the initial implementation and configuration of core Windows Server services including Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), Networking Services and Microsoft Hyper-V.
Suggested prerequisite course:
The following courses are suggested to be taken prior to attending this course
- Administering Windows Server 2012 - MOC On Demand (MS-20411)