|SUBSCRIBE TO 7-DAY FREE TRIAL|
About Individual Course:
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $99.00
Now Only $24.99 Regular Price $99.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
This series covers everything you need to know about designing and implementing a server infrastructure. Students will learn about server infrastructure upgrade and migration, storage and file services, designing a physical AD infrastructure, and planning for external user access. Students will also learn about designing and implementing logical AD infrastructure, AD GPO, network infrastructure services, and domain controllers. This course also prepares the students for the Microsoft 70-413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure certification exam.
The average salary for a Network & Server Infrastructure specialist is $110,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan server upgrade and migration.
- Plan and implement a server deployment strategy.
- Plan and deploy servers by using System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager (VMM).
- Design and maintain an IP configuration and address management solution.
- Design and implement name resolution.
- Design and implement an AD DS forest and domain infrastructure.
- Design and implement an AD DS organizational unit (OU) infrastructure.
- Design and implement a Group Policy Object (GPO) strategy.
- Design and implement an AD DS physical topology.
- Plan and implement storage and file services.
- Design and implement network protection.
- Design and implement remote access services.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, designing, and deploying a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 enterprise Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS) infrastructure including the network services necessary. They have experience of previous Windows Server operating systems and possess Windows Server 2012 certification Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or equivalent skills.
Candidates for this course have good Windows client and server operating system knowledge and basic AD DS and networking experience in an enterprise/small business (SMB) environment together with application configuration experience.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- A good understanding of Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) fundamentals and networking concepts.
- A good working knowledge of both Windows Server 2012 R2 and Active Directory® Domain Services (AD DS). For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- A good understanding of both scripts and batch files.
- A solid understanding of security concepts, such as authentication and authorization.
- Familiarity with deployment, packaging, and imaging tools.
- Ability to work in a team/virtual team.
- Ability to produce good documentation and have the appropriate communication skills to create proposals and make budget recommendations.
- Knowledge equivalent to Windows 2012 R2 MCSA.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
- Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 - MOC On Demand (MS-20410)
- Administering Windows Server 2012 - MOC On Demand (MS-20411)
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services - MOC On Demand (MS-20412)
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Module 01 - Server Infrastructure - Upgrade and Migration
- Module 02 - Storage and File Services
- Module 03 - Network Infrastructure Services
- Module 04 - Planning for External User Access
- Module 05 - Design and Implement Logical AD Infrastructure
- Module 06 - AD GPO
- Module 07 - Designing a Physical AD Infrastructure
- Module 08 - Domain Controllers
- Course Conclusion
Practice Certification Exam
|Subjects||IT Ops & Management|
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||14 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.