About this course:
In a data center, the hardware usually revolves around the Storage Subsystems and the servers such as networking hardware, switches, physical cabling, and routers along with network appliances including network firewalls.
Cloud computing intends to change the physical system of infrastructure design. That is why, this course enables students the right way to leverage the cloud by using it to create a virtual infrastructure with the planning, designing, and deploying of the virtual machines and its solutions.
The course will outline the topics of high availability, updates, BCP, IDA, and PKI. Furthermore, the course will fully prepare the students for the Microsoft 70-414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure certification exam.
A Windows Server Administrator earns $55,929 on average annually.
At the end of this course, students will be eligible enough to:
- Explain what an enterprise data center is
- Plan, design, and implement strategic virtualization with the System Center 2012
- Plan, design, and implement the network infrastructure for the deployment of a virtual server
- Plan, design, and deploy VMs on the Windows Hyper-V
- Plan, design, and implement solutions for the virtualization administration with the System Center 2012
- Plan, design, and implement a monitoring strategy for the server with the Windows Server 2012 tools with Microsoft System Center 2012 - Operations Manager
- Plan, design, and implement a highly available file services infrastructure and an application
- Plan, design, and implement an infrastructure that is highly available with the help of a failover cluster feature in the Windows Server 2012
- Plan, design, and implement a BC strategy with the Windows Server 2012
- Plan, design, and deploy a PKI with a certificate management solution
- Plan, design, and deploy an AD FS server where the application allows access
- Plan, design, and implement a Dynamic Access Control, Workplace Join, and Work Folders
This course targets individual who are responsible in their organizations for the planning, deployment, and designing of a physical and a logical Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) frameworks and network services.
Also, candidates who have prior experience of working as a Windows Server Administrator and have already acquired Windows Server 2012 Certification (MCSA) are encouraged to apply.
Before enrolling for the course, students must have:
- A complete understanding of all the core TCP/IP and networking concepts
- Complete knowledge of Windows Server 2012 and AD DS, including all the phases such as planning, deployment, and designing
- An understanding of scripts and batch files
- A comprehensive understanding of security concepts including authentication and authorization
- Knowledge of deployment, packaging, and imaging tools
- Working experience with a team or a virtual team