This course prepares you for the 70-417 Exam leading to 70-417 Certification. This course does not include the Official Exam Voucher, however, you can request to purchase the Official Exam Voucher separately.
About this Course:
As technology becomes an integral part of almost all industries today, it is pertinent to remember that no business can be entirely successful without utilizing modern tech. Microsoft is a key player in this tech revolution and Windows is used as an Operating system by many big organizations. Hence , it is safe to assume that the demand for Microsoft Windows administrators will only increase in the future. But those experts have to stay up to date with the latest tech. Currently, the average salary for a Windows Server Administrator is $80,174 per year.
Primarily, this course is designed to help participants prepare for the Microsoft 70-417: Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012 exam and successfully clear it. The 70-417 exam is an exam designed as a composite of three different exams which can also be taken individually, chiefly; 70-410, 70-411, and 70-412. Exam 70-417 aims to test those skills which are required to efficiently work with the key features and functionality of Windows Server 2012 R2. A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator for Windows Server 2008 usually has the basic knowledge required for this exam and needs to only build a little upon those skills.
This advanced level certification course is designed to allow participants to take a step further than just theory and step into the practical world. Coupled with tens of various hands-on instructions and practice exercises ,this course helps you how to better configure and implement the new features and functionality that comes with Windows Server 2012, as well as Windows Server 2012 R2. This course focuses on the new features and functionality available in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2, including management, network infrastructure, storage, access control, virtualization, high availability and identity federation. This course hopes to help you prove to the world how exceptionally good your Windows Server 2012 R2 core infrastructure services.
By the end of this course, the students should be have learnt the following skills and be able to;
- Learn how install and configure Windows Server 2012.
- Learn how to manage Windows Server 2012 by using Windows PowerShell®.
- Learn how to handle storage in Windows Server 2012.
- Learn how to put network services into practice.
- Gain the skills needed to implement Remote Access.
- Gain the skills needed to implement Failover Clustering.
- Gain the skills needed to implement Hyper-V™.
- Learn how to implement Failover Clustering with Hyper-V.
- Learn the significance of implementing secure data access for users and devices.
- Learn how to implement Active Directory®Domain Services (AD DS).
- Learn to use Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Manage and scrutinize Windows Server 2012.
This course is targeted towards the following audience;
- Those windows server administrators who have real time experience with working in a Windows Server enterprise environment.
- Those Information Technology (IT) experts who are experienced or those Windows Server system administrators who have experience with carrying out day to day tasks related to the handling and management of Windows Server .
These are the prerequisites which are an absolute requirement for attending this course.
- Some experience with handling routine tasks related to Windows Server system administration, management and maintenance in an Enterprise environment
Suggested prerequisite course:
The following courses are suggested to be taken prior to attending this course
- Administering Windows Server 2012 - MOC On Demand (MS-20411)
- Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services - MOC On Demand (MS-20412)