Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V5 (WE401)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
An updated version of this course is available. For more information, click Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with IBM DataPower V6 (WE601). This course is also available as self-paced virtual (e-learning) course Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V5 (SPVC) (ZE401). This option does not require any travel. In this 5-day, instructor-led course, you learn the fundamental skills that are required to implement IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances with firmware version 5.0. The IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances allow an enterprise to simplify, accelerate, and enhance the security capabilities of its Extensible Markup Language (XML) and web services deployments, and extend the capabilities of its service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to implement the key use cases for the DataPower appliances. These include XML acceleration and threat protection, web service virtualization, web services security, integrating with IBM WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Java Message Service (JMS), and authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA). You also learn how to use various problem determination tools such as logs, monitors, and probes, as well as techniques for testing DataPower services and handling errors. Hands-on exercises give you experience working directly with an IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance. The exercises focus on skills such as creating XML firewalls, working with encryption and cryptographic objects, configuring service level monitoring, troubleshooting services, and handling errors.
This basic course is designed for integration developers who configure service policies on IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances.
- Security-based concepts and protocols
- XML-related technologies such as XML schema, XPath, and XSLT
- Web service fundamentals and the web services security specifications
- You should also successfully complete course Technical Introduction to WebSphere DataPower V5 (VW406), to gain basic DataPower knowledge that you need in this course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Course introduction
- DataPower administration overview
- Exercise: Exercise setup
- Introduction to XSL transformations
- Exercise: Creating XSL transformations
- DataPower services overview
- Structure of a service
- Exercise: Creating a simple XML firewall
- Multi-protocol gateway service
- Problem determination tools
- Exercise: Creating an advanced multi-protocol gateway
- Handling errors in a service policy
- Exercise: Adding error handling to a service policy
- DataPower cryptographic tools
- Exercise: Creating cryptographic objects
- Using SSL to secure connections
- Exercise: Using SSL to secure connections
- XML threat protection
- Exercise: Protecting against XML threats
- Web service proxy service
- Exercise: Configuring a web service proxy
- XML and web services security overview
- Exercise: Web service encryption and digital signatures
- Authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA)
- Exercise: Web service authentication and authorization
- Monitoring objects
- Exercise: Creating message counter monitors for a AAA policy
- Configuring LDAP by using AAA
- Exercise: Creating a AAA policy by using LDAP
- OAuth overview and DataPower implementation
- Service level monitoring
- Exercise: Implementing an SLM monitor in a web service proxy
- Integration with WebSphere MQ
- Exercise: Configuring a multi-protocol gateway service with WebSphere MQ
- DataPower and WebSphere JMS
- Course summary
- Appendix: Web application firewall service
- Appendix Exercise: Creating a firewall and HTTP proxy for a web application
- Appendix Exercise: Configuring WebSphere JMS
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's