Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Concentrating on the resolution of impediments and creation of high-performing, self-managed teams, this course provides a fundamental understanding of the Scrum framework and Agile development methodology for software development teams. With this training you will improve your focus on business value, minimize waste, and apply Lean principles to team projects.
- Resolve organizational issues that impede Agile team development
- Match Agile coaching styles to the maturity level of your teams
- Avoid "story card hell" through effective backlog management
- Apply Scrum to portfolio management and multiple team projects
- Develop agility assessments for improving team performance
- One year of software development experience
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Reviewing Agile Development and the Scrum Framework
- Realizing the strategic role of the Product Owner
- Treating the Product Backlog order as the critical path
- Building better processes through Scrum
Growing Agile Teams with Proper Methodology
Developing coaching skills
- Applying different Agile coaching styles
- Climbing the Shu-Ha-Ri ladder of attainment
- Practicing servant-leadership
Achieving continuous improvement
- Prioritizing business value as the primary concern
- Emphasizing Scrum's self-management versus the approach of other Agile methodologies
Organizing around value-driven software
- Reinforcing the strategic role of the Product Owner
- Ordering the Product Backlog dynamically to determine the project's critical path
- Sniffing out bad "smells" in Scrum Teams
Delivering High Performance with Agile Team Training
Employing advanced team practices
- Distilling requirements with Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD)
- Designing products through Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Integrating functional increments continuously
Scaling Agile development
- Coordinating the work of multiple teams
- Applying Continuous Integration (CI) for large projects
Accelerating organizational change
- Exposing dysfunctions in the software development process
- Driving change through the Scrum Master role
Prioritizing product requirements
- Separating concerns with value propositions
- Organizing Epics and Stories
- Story-Mapping to visualize backlog
Slicing and dicing Stories
- Planning releases with Minimal Marketable Features (MMF)
- Characterizing a well-formed Product Backlog
- Avoiding "Story Card Hell"
Streamlining Team Progress with Lean Thinking
Maximizing the amount of "work not done"
- Thinking Lean to eliminate waste
- Comparing Lean and Kanban to Scrum
- Identifying opportunities to eliminate rework
Implementing Lean thinking
- Prioritizing resources with Agile portfolio management
- Visualizing throughput with Cumulative Flow Diagrams
- Reallocating resources to eliminate bottlenecks
Improving and Measuring Team Performance
- Measuring the delivery of business value
- Defining team performance
- Selecting metrics that support self-management
Implementing improvement through Agile development process
- Creating Improvement Backlogs
- Tracking the removal of impediments
- Developing a momentum for success
Planning for External Dependencies
- Integrating contractors into Scrum teams
- Outsourcing to third parties
- Running geographically dispersed teams
Relating to external constraints
- Mapping external dependencies
- Addressing the slow-moving infrastructure team issue
- Working with deployment teams
Generalizing Scrum in the Wider Organization
- Gaining support for Scrum
- Creating Agility assessments
- Addressing impediments at the enterprise level
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's