Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This five-day course covers the configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this course include security technologies such as security zones, security policies, Network Address Translation (NAT), IP Security (IPsec), and high availability clusters, as well as details pertaining to basic implementation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways and Security Director for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1. This course also prepares the students for the Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC) certification exam.
The average salary for Network Engineer at Juniper Networks is $125,191 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
- Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
- Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
- Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
- Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
- Describe, configure, and monitor user firewall authentication
- Describe various types of network attacks.
- Configure and monitor Screen options to prevent network attacks.
- Explain, implement, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
- Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
- Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.
- Describe how to deploy and manage vSRX.
- Describe and configure Group VPNs.
- Describe and configure ADVPNs.
- Troubleshoot chassis clusters, IPsec VPNs, zones, and Security Policies
The course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- Transparent Mode Security
- Secure Wire
- Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
- Lab 2: Implementing Layer 2 Security
Module 3: Virtualization
- Virtualization Overview
- Routing Instances
- Logical Systems
- Lab 3: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
Module 4: AppSecure Theory
- AppSecure Overview
- AppID Overview
- AppID Techniques
- Application System Cache
- Custom Application Signatures
Module 5: AppSecure Implementation
- SSL Proxy
- Lab 4: Implementing AppSecure
Module 6: Working with Log Director
- Log Director Overview
- Log Director Components
- Installing and setting up Log Director
- Clustering with the Log Concentrator VM
- Administrating Log Director
- Lab 5: Deploying Log Director
Module 7: Sky ATP Theory
- Sky ATP Overview
- Monitoring Sky ATP
- Analysis and Detection of Malware
Module 8: Sky ATP Implementation
- Configuring Sky ATP
- Installing Sky ATP
- Analysis and detection of Malware
- Infected Host Case Study
- Lab 6: Instructor Led Sky ATP Demo
Module 9: Implementing UTM
- UTM Overview
- Content and Web Filtering
- Lab 7: Implementing UTM
Module 10: Introduction to IPS
- IPS Overview
- Network Asset Protection
- Intrusion Attack Methods
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- IPS Inspection Walkthrough
Module 11: IPS Policy and Configuration
- SRX IPS Requirements
- IPS Operation Modes
- Basic IPS Policy Review
- IPS Rulebase Operations
- Lab 8: Implementing Basic IPS Policy
Module 12: SDSN
- SDSN Overview
- SDSN Components
- SDSN Configuration
- Policy Enforcer Troubleshooting
- SDSN Use Cases
- Lab 9: Implementing SDSN
Module 13: Enforcement, Monitoring, and Reporting
- User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall Overview
- User Role Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring User Role Firewall
- Integrated User Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring Integrated User Firewall
- Lab 10: Configure User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall
Module 14: Troubleshooting Junos Security
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Identifying IPsec Issues
- Lab 11: Performing Security Troubleshooting Techniques
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
Branch SRX Platform Overview
High End SRX Platform Overview
SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's