Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC)
- Learning Style
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
This five-day course, which is designed to build off of the current Junos Security (JSEC) offering, delves deeper into Junos security.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, Layer 2 security, and Sky ATP. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts covered in the prerequisite Junos Security course.
- Describe the various forms of security supported by the Junos OS.
- Implement features of the AppSecure suite, including AppID, AppFW, AppTrack, AppQoS, and SSL Proxy.
- Configure custom application signatures.
- Describe Junos security handling at Layer 2 versus Layer 3.
- Implement next generation Layer 2 security features.
- Demonstrate understanding of Logical Systems (LSYS).
- Use Junos debugging tools to analyze traffic flows and identify traffic processing patterns and problems.
- Describe Junos routing instance types used for virtualization.
- Implement virtual routing instances in a security setting.
- Describe and configure route sharing between routing instances using logical tunnel interfaces.
- Utilize Junos tools for troubleshooting Junos security implementations.
- Perform successful troubleshooting of some common Junos security issues.
- Describe and discuss Sky ATP and its function in the network.
- Describe and configure UTM functions.
- Discuss IPS and its function in the network.
- Implement IPS policy.
- Describe and implement SDSN in a network.
- Describe and implement user role firewall in a network.
- Demonstrate the understanding of integrated user firewall.
- This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
- Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- Transparent Mode Security
- Secure Wire
- Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
- Lab 2: Implementing Layer 2 Security
Module 3: Virtualization
- Virtualization Overview
- Routing Instances
- Logical Systems
- Lab 3: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
Module 4: AppSecure Theory
- AppSecure Overview
- AppID Overview
- AppID Techniques
- Application System Cache
- Custom Application Signatures
Module 5: AppSecure Implementation
- SSL Proxy
- Lab 4: Implementing AppSecure
Module 6: Working with Log Director
- Log Director Overview
- Log Director Components
- Installing and setting up Log Director
- Clustering with the Log Concentrator VM
- Administrating Log Director
- Lab 5: Deploying Log Director
Module 7: Sky ATP Theory
- Sky ATP Overview
- Monitoring Sky ATP
- Analysis and Detection of Malware
Module 8: Sky ATP Implementation
- Configuring Sky ATP
- Installing Sky ATP
- Analysis and detection of Malware
- Infected Host Case Study
- Lab 6: Instructor Led Sky ATP Demo
Module 9: Implementing UTM
- UTM Overview
- Content and Web Filtering
- Lab 7: Implementing UTM
Module 10: Introduction to IPS
- IPS Overview
- Network Asset Protection
- Intrusion Attack Methods
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- IPS Inspection Walkthrough
Module 11: IPS Policy and Configuration
- SRX IPS Requirements
- IPS Operation Modes
- Basic IPS Policy Review
- IPS Rulebase Operations
- Lab 8: Implementing Basic IPS Policy
Module 12: SDSN
- SDSN Overview
- SDSN Components
- SDSN Configuration
- Policy Enforcer Troubleshooting
- SDSN Use Cases
- Lab 9: Implementing SDSN
Module 13: Enforcement, Monitoring, and Reporting
- User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall Overview
- User Role Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring User Role Firewall
- Integrated User Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring Integrated User Firewall
- Lab 10: Configure User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall
Module 14: Troubleshooting Junos Security
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Identifying IPsec Issues
- Lab 11: Performing Security Troubleshooting Techniques
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
Branch SRX Platform Overview
High End SRX Platform Overview
SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|