Advanced Junos Security (AJSEC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This five-day course covers the configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this course include security technologies such as security zones, security policies, Network Address Translation (NAT), IP Security (IPsec), and high availability clusters, as well as details pertaining to basic implementation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways and Security Director for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1. This course also prepares the students for the Juniper Networks Certified Specialist Security (JNCIS-SEC) certification exam.
The average salary for Network Engineer at Juniper Networks is $125,191 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
- Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
- Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
- Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
- Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
- Describe, configure, and monitor user firewall authentication
- Describe various types of network attacks.
- Configure and monitor Screen options to prevent network attacks.
- Explain, implement, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
- Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
- Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.
- Describe how to deploy and manage vSRX.
- Describe and configure Group VPNs.
- Describe and configure ADVPNs.
- Troubleshoot chassis clusters, IPsec VPNs, zones, and Security Policies
The course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
- Transparent Mode Security
- Secure Wire
- Layer 2 Next Generation Ethernet Switching
- Lab 2: Implementing Layer 2 Security
Module 3: Virtualization
- Virtualization Overview
- Routing Instances
- Logical Systems
- Lab 3: Implementing Junos Virtual Routing
Module 4: AppSecure Theory
- AppSecure Overview
- AppID Overview
- AppID Techniques
- Application System Cache
- Custom Application Signatures
Module 5: AppSecure Implementation
- SSL Proxy
- Lab 4: Implementing AppSecure
Module 6: Working with Log Director
- Log Director Overview
- Log Director Components
- Installing and setting up Log Director
- Clustering with the Log Concentrator VM
- Administrating Log Director
- Lab 5: Deploying Log Director
Module 7: Sky ATP Theory
- Sky ATP Overview
- Monitoring Sky ATP
- Analysis and Detection of Malware
Module 8: Sky ATP Implementation
- Configuring Sky ATP
- Installing Sky ATP
- Analysis and detection of Malware
- Infected Host Case Study
- Lab 6: Instructor Led Sky ATP Demo
Module 9: Implementing UTM
- UTM Overview
- Content and Web Filtering
- Lab 7: Implementing UTM
Module 10: Introduction to IPS
- IPS Overview
- Network Asset Protection
- Intrusion Attack Methods
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- IPS Inspection Walkthrough
Module 11: IPS Policy and Configuration
- SRX IPS Requirements
- IPS Operation Modes
- Basic IPS Policy Review
- IPS Rulebase Operations
- Lab 8: Implementing Basic IPS Policy
Module 12: SDSN
- SDSN Overview
- SDSN Components
- SDSN Configuration
- Policy Enforcer Troubleshooting
- SDSN Use Cases
- Lab 9: Implementing SDSN
Module 13: Enforcement, Monitoring, and Reporting
- User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall Overview
- User Role Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring User Role Firewall
- Integrated User Firewall Implementation
- Monitoring Integrated User Firewall
- Lab 10: Configure User Role Firewall and Integrated User Firewall
Module 14: Troubleshooting Junos Security
- Troubleshooting Methodology
- Troubleshooting Tools
- Identifying IPsec Issues
- Lab 11: Performing Security Troubleshooting Techniques
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
Branch SRX Platform Overview
High End SRX Platform Overview
SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's