Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This five-day course is designed to provide students with detailed coverage of OSPF, IS-IS, BGP, and routing policy. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations.
This course uses Juniper Networks vMX Series Routers for the hands-on component, but the lab environment does not preclude the course from being applicable to other Juniper hardware platforms running the Junos OS. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 17.1.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the various OSPF link-state advertisement (LSA) types.
- Explain the flooding of LSAs in an OSPF network.
- Describe the shortest-path-first (SPF) algorithm.
- List key differences between OSPFv2 and OSPFv3.
- Describe OSPF area types and operations.
- Configure various OSPF area types.
- Summarize and restrict routes.
- Identify some scenarios in a service provider network that can be solved using routing policy or specific configuration options.
- Use routing policy and specific configuration options to implement solutions for various scenarios.
- Describe how to troubleshoot OSPF.
- Explain the concepts and operation of IS-IS.
- Describe various IS-IS link-state protocol data unit (LSP) types.
- List IS-IS adjacency rules and troubleshoot common adjacency issues.
- Configure and monitor IS-IS.
- Display and interpret the link-state database (LSDB).
- Perform advanced IS-IS configuration options.
- Implement IS-IS routing policy.
- Explain the default operation in multiarea IS-IS.
- Describe IS-IS address summarization methods.
- Configure and monitor a multiarea IS-IS network.
- Describe how to troubleshoot IS-IS.
- Describe basic BGP operation.
- List common BGP attributes.
- Explain the route selection process for BGP.
- Describe how to alter the route selection process.
- Configure some advanced options for BGP peers.
- Describe various BGP attributes in detail and explain the operation of those attributes.
- Manipulate BGP attributes using routing policy.
- Explain the causes for route instability.
- Describe the effect of damping on BGP routing.
- Explain the default behavior of damping on links.
- Control damping using routing policy.
- View damped routes using command-line interface (CLI) commands.
- Describe the operation of BGP route reflection.
- Configure a route reflector.
- Describe the operation of a BGP confederation.
- Configure confederations.
- Describe peering relationships in a confederation.
- Describe how to troubleshoot BGP.
- Describe how to troubleshoot routing policy.
- This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Layer 3 components of a service provider’s network.
- Students should have intermediate-level networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) model and the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) courses prior to attending this class.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: OSPF
- OSPFv2 Review
- Link-State Advertisements
- Protocol Operations
- OSPF Authentication
- Lab: OSPF Multi-Area Networks
Module 3: OSPF Areas
- Review of OSPF Areas
- Stub Area Operation
- Stub Area Configuration
- NSSA Operation
- NSSA Configuration
- Route Summarization
- Lab: OSPF Route Summarization
Module 4: OSPF Case Studies and Solutions
- Virtual Links
- OSPF Multiarea Adjacencies
- External Reachability
- Lab: Advanced OSPF Options and Routing Policy
Module 5: Troubleshooting OSPF
- Troubleshooting OSPF
- Lab: OSPF Troubleshooting
Module 6: IS-IS
- Overview of IS-IS
- IS-IS PDUs
- Neighbors and Adjacencies
- Configuring and Monitoring IS-IS
- Lab: IS-IS Configuration and Monitoring
Module 7: Advanced IS-IS Operations and Configuration Options
- IS-IS Operations
- IS-IS Configuration Options
- IS-IS Routing Policy
- Lab: Advanced IS-IS Configuration Options and Routing Policy
Module 8: Multilevel IS-IS Networks
- Level 1 and Level 2 Operations
- Multilevel Configuration
- Lab: Configuring a Multilevel IS-IS Network
Module 9: Troubleshooting IS-IS
- Troubleshooting IS-IS
- Lab: IS-IS Troubleshooting
- Module 10: BGP
- Review of BGP
- BGP Operations
- BGP Path Selection Options
- Configuration Options
- Lab: BGP and BGP Attributes
Module 11: BGP Attributes and PolicyPart 1
- BGP Policy
- Next Hop
- Origin and MED
- AS Path
- Lab: BGP Attributes - Next Hop, Origin, MED, and AS Path
Module 12: BGP Attributes and PolicyPart 2
- Local Preference
- Lab: BGP Attributes - Local Preference and Communities
Module 13: Route Reflection and Confederations
- Route Reflection Operation
- Configuration and Routing Knowledge
- BGP Confederations
- Lab: Scaling BGP
Module 14: BGP Route Damping
- Route Flap and Damping Overview
- Route Damping Parameters
- Configuring and Monitoring Route Damping
- Lab: BGP Route Damping
Module 15: Troubleshooting BGP
- Troubleshooting BGP
- Lab: BGP Troubleshooting
Module 16: Troubleshooting Policy
- Troubleshooting Policy
- Lab: Policy Troubleshooting
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's