Analyzing and Visualizing Data with SQL Server Reporting Services
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
24 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
ABOUT THIS COURSE
In this computer science course, you will learn to build reports with SQL Server Reporting Services, which includes new visualization features and mobile capabilities. You will learn to create reporting solutions, mobile reports and dashboards.
Whether you're new to reporting services, or experienced with earlier versions, we'll show you how to build tables, matrices, advanced visualizations, and dashboards with key performance indicators. You'll design and deploy compelling, interactive reports for smartphones, tablets, and browsers.
By the end of the course, you'll have developed a complete reporting solution and be ready to analyze and visualize your own business data with SQL Server Reporting Services.
Note: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
In this course, you’ll learn theory and techniques for:
- Designing visually appealing, meaningful and accurate reports and dashboards from business data
- Authoring and publishing paginated reports, mobile reports, and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Using SQL Server Reporting Services features such as parameters, expressions, charts, scorecards and dashboards
- SQL User
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax.
- Familiarity with the reporting and analytics needs of users.
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Before You Start
1: Report and Dashboard Solutions
- Report Concepts
- Reporting Services: Roles, Tools, and the Server Environment
- Report Authoring Tools
- Week 1 Lab
2: Basic Report Design
- Report Design and Deployment
- Report Basics and Essential Design
- Report Expressions and Advanced Design
- Week 2 Lab
- Week 2 Knowledge Check
3: Visual and Interactive Reporting
- Charting Basics
- Advanced & Complex Chart Capabilities
- Scorecards & Dashboard Design
- Introducing Analytic Queries & Data Sources
- Week 3 Lab
- Week 3 Knowledge Check
4: Mobile Report Solutions
- 11: Introducing Mobile Reports
- 12: Mobile Device Layouts & Deployment
- 13: KPI Design
- 14: Putting It All Together
- Week 4 Lab
- Week 4 Knowledge Check
Final Exam and Survey
- Final Exam
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||24 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's