Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Expand your mobile app reach through this Android development and programming training course. Android’s open source platform offers compatibility with a wide range of devices, which provide global access to the mobile market. Revolutionize your organization by delivering robust business applications for Android phones and tablets and integrate them with enterprise systems.
- Deliver robust mobile business applications and integrate them with enterprise systems
- Create intuitive, reliable software using activities, services, and intents
- Design UIs that work seamlessly with a range of phones and tablets
- Integrate applications with enterprise web and location-based services
- Java experience at the level of:
- Course 471, Java Programming Introduction
- One year of practical, hands-on experience with Java is recommended
- Extensive experience with C# is acceptable in the absence of Java
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Introducing the Android Platform
- Establishing the development environment
- Analyzing components of the architecture
Leveraging Application Fundamentals
Building mobile applications
- Creating activities to process user input
- Implementing views to build the User Interface (UI)
- Packaging applications for deployment
- Developing unit tests
Supporting asynchronous behavior
- Performing background tasks with services
- Communicating with intents
Creating User Interfaces
Selecting visual components
- Building the layout
- Connecting a view to an activity
- Positioning form elements
Working with resource declarations
- Declaring component definitions and layouts
- Handling multiple screen resolutions
- Localizing applications
Processing User Input
Communicating with the user
- Creating and displaying Toast
- Generating status bar notifications
- Logging key application events
Interacting with the UI
- Responding to user input events
- Launching activities with intents
- Writing Java event handlers
- Generating context and option menus
Managing the activity life cycle
- Integrating with the Android system
- Persisting data in response to notifications
Persisting Application Data
Selecting storage options
- Contrasting internal and external storage locations
- Saving application configuration with SharedPreferences
Manipulating the SQLite database
- Executing queries to locate information
- Specifying column selections with projections
Consuming and creating content providers
- Accessing shared data resources
- Addressing content providers with URIs
Maintaining System Responsiveness
Avoiding Application Not Responding (ANR) errors
- Unloading the UI thread
- Designing for asynchronous execution
Building background services
- Launching IntentServices
- Declaring services in the manifest
Exchanging Data over the Internet
Interacting with server-side applications
- Synchronizing Android devices with servers
- Communicating via HTTP clients
Developing clients for web services
- Connecting to RESTful services
- Creating and parsing JSON
Enhancing the User Experience
Incorporating the Action Bar
- Manipulating objects with drag and drop
- Supporting orientation and multiple screen resolutions with resources
- Combining fragments into a multi-pane UI
Leveraging geolocation and mapping capabilities
- Plotting positions on Google Maps
- Establishing location through GPS, Cell-ID and WiFi
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's