Application Monitoring and Feedback Loops
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course:
This course will cover general application monitoring and feedback loop practices and principles, including different kinds of feedback. You will learn how it feedback is used in different stages of the value stream, and its benefits. You will learn about the different kinds of telemetry, who can benefit from it and how it is used to collect data from monitoring.
You will be introduced to Application Performance Management, the monitoring and management of performance and availability of software applications.
We will also cover Health and Performance Monitoring with Application Insights, including which features it contains, how to use it to monitor your application availability, usage, and performance and diagnostics.
The course also covers Log Analytics, including Operations Management Suite (OMS) Log Analytics and for which scenarios it is used, how to set up and configure Log Analytics for data collection and how to use Log Analytics to search and analyze data. It also covers OMS solutions as well as how to configure visualizations and how to configure alerts.
Finally, the course will cover Third-Party Monitoring Tools, including the most commonly used such as New Relic, Loggly and Nagios Core.
The average salary for a log analyst is $102,000 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand general application monitoring and feedback loop practices and principles
- The different kinds of feedback and how they are used in different stages of the value stream, and their benefits
- How to set up up monitoring with Azure Application Insights
- Monitor web application availability
- Search and analyze monitoring data in Application Insights
- How to use and query Application Insights data and Application Maps
- How to set up, configure, query and analyze data collection on Operations Management Suite (OMS) Log Analytics
- How to set up alerts in OMS and integrate Application Insights
- Configure and monitor a web application with New Relic
- Configure and use Loggly
This course is intended for
- Experience working in an organization delivering software;
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Course Overview
- Labs Overview
- Pre-course survey
Application Monitoring Practices and Principles
- Module 1 Learning Objectives
- General Practices and Principles
- Application Performance Management
- Module 1 Review Questions
Health and Performance Monitoring with Application Insights
- Module 2 Learning Objectives
- Application Insights
- Search and Analysis
- Developer Tools
- Module 2 Review Questions
- Module 3 Learning Objectives
- Log Analytics
- Connected Sources
- Data Sources
- Log Search
- Data Visualization
- Log Analytics REST API
- Module 3 Review Questions
Integrating Third-Party Monitoring Tools
- Module 4 Learning Objectives
- New Relic
- Nagios Core
- Module 4 Review Questions
- Graded Final Exam
Post Course Survey
- Post Course Survey
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's