BizTalk 2013 Developer Deep Dive (BZDEVDIVE13)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
This class focuses on best-practices & pattern-based design while pulling back the curtain on some of BizTalk Server's eccentricities. This class guarantees to challenge the way you think about BizTalk Server application design.
BizTalk Server Deep Dive training content includes instructor-led presentation materials, classroom demonstrations, challenging hands-on labs, and an electronic workbook that contains notes and links to additional online resources.
- Create & implement custom simple & complex types in schemas
- Call external assemblies using the Scripting functoid
- Create custom functoids
- Design maps that execute custom XSLT
- Create EDI-based solutions to receive, send, & batch messages
- Create messaging solutions that de-batch flat-file & XML interchanges
- Build processes that subscribe to failed messages
- Create custom pipeline components
- Integrate with SQL Server databases using the WCF-SQL adapter
- Create loosely-coupled orchestrations using direct-bound ports
- Properly utilize the Call Orchestration & Start Orchestration shapes
- Develop applications that use dynamic send ports
- Implement complex orchestration patterns including: external code invocation, convoys, transactions & compensation, & exception handling
- Aggregate message instances using an orchestration & send pipeline
- Create a role & party-based integration solution
- Create business-rule vocabularies & polices
- Create custom tracking solutions using Business Activity Monitoring
- Extend visibility to custom .NET application using the BAM API
This course is intended for experienced BizTalk Server developers who have at least one year of hands-on experience developing BizTalk Server applications.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Review of BizTalk Server Fundamentals
- BizTalk Server Architecture
Lab: Creating a BizTalk Solution
Module 2: Inner Workings of the Messaging Engine
- Lesson 1: Messaging Engine Deep Dive
- Lesson 2: Two-way Messaging Without Orchestrations
Module 3: Designing and Testing Schemas
- Lesson 1: Schema Design
- Lesson 2: Enabling Unit Testing for BizTalk Projects
Lab: Creating Reusable Types in a Schema
Module 4: Data Translation and Transformation
- Lesson 1: Custom Data Transformation
Lab: Creating Custom Functoids
Lab: Transforming Messages using Custom XSLT
- Lesson 2: Creating Custom Pipeline Components
Lab: Creating Custom Pipeline Components
Module 5: Working with Message Interchanges
- Lesson 1: De-Batching Message Interchanges
Lab: Processing Flat-File Interchanges
Lab: Processing XML Interchanges
Module 6: Advanced Concepts of WCF Adapters
- Lesson 1: Connecting to External Systems
- Lesson 2: Using WCF LOB Adapters in BizTalk Server
Lab: Executing Composite Operations Using the WCF-SQL Adapter
Module 7: Publishing and Consuming WCF and RESTful Services
- Lesson 1: Overview of Service Integration Using WCF
- Lesson 2: Implementing WCF Services
Lab: Building a Service Aggregator Orchestration
Lab: Exposing BizTalk Processes as Services
Module 8: Advanced Orchestration Communication Patterns
- Lesson 1: Orchestration Engine Deep Dive
- Lesson 2: Splitting and Aggregating Messages using Orchestrations
- Lesson 3: Orchestration Communication
Lab: Orchestration Communication Patterns
Module 9: Bridging the Synchronous/Asynchronous Gap Across Multiple Channels
- Lesson 1: Correlating Messages in Orchestration Instances
- Lesson 2: Building Convoy Orchestrations
Lab: Creating Convoys
Module 10: Handling Orchestration Faults and Exceptions
- Lesson 1: Exception Handling in Orchestrations
Lab: Configuring Exception Handling
Module 11: Implementing Transactions and Compensation
- Lesson 1: Creating Transactional Processes
Lab: Implementing Transactions and Compensation
Module 12: Designing Custom Tracking Models for BizTalk Applications
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Business Activity Monitoring
- Lesson 2: Enabling Business Activity Monitoring
- Lesson 3: Extending BAM Beyond BizTalk
Lab: Creating a Simple BAM Solution
Lab: Gathering Data Using the BAM API
Module 13: Building Declarative Logic Using the Business Rules Engine
- Lesson 1: Concepts of Declarative Logic
- Lesson 2: Fundamentals of BizTalk BRE
- Lesson 3: Integrating Policies with BizTalk
Lab: Building and Using Declarative Logic in a BizTalk Application
Module 14: Advanced Concepts of the Business Rules Engine
- Lesson 1: Advanced Business Rule Concepts
- Lesson 2: Working with Advanced Facts
Module 15: Integrating Across Business Boundaries Using Parties, Roles, and EDI
- Lesson 1: Port Binding Option Review
- Lesson 2: Role-Based Integration
- Lesson 3: What is EDI?
- Lesson 4: Enabling EDI-Based Messaging
Lab: Create a Role and Party-Based Integration Solution
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's