Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
5 Essential Office 365 Skills Everyone Needs
Office 365 is a group of software and services subscription. It is a creation of Microsoft that has found many uses in different industries. Besides, providing the quintessential benefits of tools like Word, Excel, OneNote; it makes it easier for an organization to manage its records efficiently. All of Office 365's components can be easily managed through an online portal. It allows for manual additions of the users, import from CSV files, and can even be set up for single sign-on with a local Active Directory using Active Directory Federation Services. With obvious benefits and an increased outreach, it has clearly raised Microsoft’s stock in the eyes of the corporate world.
Microsoft Office 365 has gradually found its way into most offices because of the following benefits it offers:
- Data security and control
- Better organization
- Allows you to work anywhere, anytime
- No confusing licensing needs
- Enhanced Mailbox Storage
Essential Microsoft Office 365 Skills That Can Make a Difference
There is no denying the fact that Office 365 is quite vast. Office 365 is an evolved version of the previous iterations and comes with some new functionality added to the software suite. It requires you to invest time and energy, in order to get to a decent level. This software suite is widely used because it is easy to learn. However, its scope is quite vast which makes it quite difficult to master. While you can manage a simple task with Excel, VBA can be used for managing a complex operation. The level of skill and training requires increases as you try to find answers to difficult questions and queries posed by the task at hand. However, there are certain skills that you should master before going out looking for a job.
1. Management of Office 365 users, groups, and licenses: One should have thorough knowledge of Office 365 users, groups, and licenses. This will help you in managing Office 365 in a better way.
2. Activate Rights Management (RMS) in the Office 365 admin center: Activation of the Rights Management service (RMS) is required before one can use the Information Rights Management (IRM) features of Office 365 applications and services. It is quite a significant skill as it can protect all file types and integrates them with client applications like Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and others, Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, and servers such as Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft SharePoint.
3. Troubleshooting Office 365 Connectivity Issues: An Office 365 administrator should be well-versed with troubleshooting Office 365. It is highly likely that an isolated system will encounter some issues over a period of time. An IT administrator should be able to figure out the source of a problem by eliminating all the possible causes one by one until he is able to diagnose the problem and resolve the issue. An office installation can be also repaired via control panel; however, it is not a great approach for fixing specific problems.
4. Basic Excel Functionality: Excel is a powerful tool built into Office 365. In order to solve problems and manage verbose data, one should be familiar with excel. As a user, you should be able to sort out the data, create tables and use the always reliable if then else statement.
5. Keyboard Shortcuts: Last but not the least; shortcuts can be vital cog in your repertoire. By allowing you to complete your task quickly, shortcuts help you in increasing your efficiency and output.
Need for an Office 365 Course
Employers are on the lookout for experienced IT professionals who can plan, configure, and manage an Office 365 environment. It is hard to fathom what the employers are looking for and hence, most interviewees do not get past the final rounds. With a course in
Office 365, you will not only enhance your skill set, you will also be able to crack interviews.
Enhance Your Chances of Landing a Job with Office 365 training at QuickStart
QuickStart is known for its personalized training and has been shaping careers for almost 3 decades. It is known for maintaining high levels of professionalism and quality since its inception. After a QuickStart Office 365 training, you will feel much more confident in your knowledge and excel in your career.
Office 365 training at QuickStart is beneficial for IT administrators as well as users who are looking to raise their levels in Microsoft tools like word and excel.
With over 250,000 trained trainees, QuickStart has added to the knowledge of individuals and help them grow in their career.
QuickStart offers discounts when someone wishes to retake an upgraded version of the training that he took in the past 9 months. Course fee paid is also refunded if for some reason you are unable to take the course. These policies are not common in other institutes which make QuickStart the place to be for your Office 365 training.