Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
Everything You Need to Know About CompTIA Network Security Certification Boot Camp
Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) introduced CompTIA Network+ Certification in 1999 to examine the skills and knowledge of network technicians having relevant experience in the field of networking. CompTIA Network+ Boot camps are now offered by CompTIA learning partners who prepare the candidates for CompTIA Network+ Certification. Majority of the boot camp courses are now being offered online which makes it easier for the network technicians to take each course according to their schedule. Network technicians can now read CompTIA Network+ cooks online, can take online tests, and even take CompTIA Network+ notes that they can review later. Network+ is also an ISO-17024 compliant certification which is vendor neutral. Taking this certification will verify that you possess networking and security-related knowledge and skills which will play a pivotal role if you want to pursue a career in network security of services.
All You Need to Know About CompTIA Network Security Certification Boot Camp
The Security+, Net+, and A+ certifications are now regarded as a standard certification required for most entry-level jobs in the Information Technology market. Organizations today, are looking for a skillful and certified network and computer technicians that qualified to deal with any and all kinds of situations that they might face in the course of their careers. This is a ten-day course that offers IT professionals the fundamental and basic understanding of networking, hardware, and security skills. This certification adds even more value to the education because it provides performance-based and technical expertise that you need to excel in your career as a network or security technician. As organizations move towards hiring certified and trained employees, the value of certifications has increased. To beat the competition and get your dream job you not only need experience but also relevant certifications and training. Information Technology technicians with certifications are more likely to get a job and receive a higher per annual salary than technicians with no certifications. The average salary that you can get as a certified technician is around $95,000 per year.
At the CompTIA Network Security Certification Boot Camp you will be prepared to take the following exams:
- SY0-501 Security+
- 220-902 A+
- 220-901 A+
- N10-006 Network+
Boot camp also includes the following courses that you will have to take to clear the certification examinations:
- CompTIA A+ Certification: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-901 and 220-902) (CompTIA-A)
- CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) (CompTiaSec_SY0-501)
- CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-007) (ComptiaNet)
All That You Will Learn During CompTIA Network Security Certification Boot Camp
After taking this course, you will be able to identify and understand all the hardware components of digital mobile devices and personal computers. You will also be able to identify all the core functions and components of operating systems. This certification will help you understand the fundamentals of networking and security. During this course, you will learn the operational procedures that you should be able to perform as a PC technician. You will be able to troubleshoot, install, and configure the display devices and peripheral components. You will learn how to manage data storage and different system components. Not only will you learn how to configure and install Microsoft Windows but you will also learn how to maintain and optimize them. You will learn how to work with and manage other operating systems apart from Windows. You will be able to identify the software and hardware requirements of your clients. You will learn how to identify and understand different network technologies and also configure and install network capabilities in your organization.
In addition to all this you will also be able to do the following:
- Identifying vulnerabilities, security threats, and controls.
- Implement and design security controls.
- Describing networking and networking protocols.
- Understand the functions of the network, transport, and session layers of OSI model.
- Understand the OSI networking model and how it works about other network components.
- Explain and understand how data is transported over a network system.
- Understand the basic concepts of TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Explain how TCP/IP subnets and addresses are used in a network.
- Use and access a TCP/IP network
- Understand networking concepts, operations, infrastructure, security, tools, and troubleshooting.
- Describe and understand the basics of remote network access.
- Sound understanding of the information that needs to be collected before updating and installing a network operating system.
- Explain ways in which a network can be managed and monitored.
- Take a systematic approach for troubleshooting and handling all the network related problems.
Eligibility Criteria for CompTIA Network Security Certification Boot Camp
This course is designed for technicians with basic computer skills and knowledge and who are interested in finding an entry-level job as an IT technician in a firm. This course is also for the students who are looking for CompTIA A+ certification and also want to prepare for CompTIA 220-902 Certification and CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification Exam.
Other prerequisites for this course are:
- Prior experience with networking, hardware, software, and security elements.
- Basic understanding of Windows and other operating systems.
Get in touch with one of our CompTIA Network experts to learn more about our training programs.