Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
Looking to accelerate your career growth and increase your income?
Looking to accelerate your career growth and increase your income?
Career Growth with CompTIA Security + Certification
The rapid growth in the IT industry has created intense competition in the market. Every business is looking for a way to improve its performance using the latest software and technologies. In this challenging environment, CompTIA has developed a new software for your data security. Data security is becoming a very crucial element for businesses. Organizations are using the latest multi-layered software to protect their data from theft or other damage.
Overview of CompTIA Security + Certification
Companies go to all the lengths to stay in the market. In many cases, they even steal the competitor’s confidential data and develop a wrongful impression of the other brand in the market. CompTIA offers a multi-layered, and complex security software for protection against data theft, damage, and loss. The software is complicated to understand for which CompTIA offers CompTIA Security+ Certification.
Skills polished with CompTIA Security + Certification
The skills that are polished with CompTIA Security + Certification are mentioned below.
Threats, Attacks, and Vulnerabilities
CompTIA Security + Certification polishes identification skills. IT professionals learn to detect malware, cyberattacks, and other threats.
Installation of Technologies and Tools
The certification enables the technicians to install, organize, and manage new network components while analyzing troubleshoot and data security.
Installation of Access Management
IT professionals gain the knowledge and skills to install and maintain a data access service to keep data secure.
The certification enables IT professionals to execute strategies and practices in the organization that can either reduce the chances of risk or control risk efficiently.
Cryptography and PKI
The certification allows IT technicians to install and manage a wireless security system and apply a public key framework to it.
Job Titles, Roles and Responsibilities
The CompTIA Security + Certification develops many skills of IT experts. The certification opens several jobs in the market for CompTIA Security + experts. Let’s have a look at a few of the job titles, roles, and responsibilities.
A system administrator is responsible for maintaining and organizing the operations of a server.
Role and Responsibilities of System Administrator
The following are the roles and responsibilities of a system administrator.
- Establishing and maintaining account and systems
- Keeping the update on peripherals performance
- Arranging and installing hardware components in case of a hardware failure
- Tracking system and their performances.
- Preparing the filing process
- Installing software in servers
- Developing retrieval guidelines and backup
- Tracking network communication
- Keep the servers of the organization up to date by installing new versions.
- Preparing guidelines for office staff to understand the use of the server and network
- Establishing a security policy and procedure for servers
- Documenting every server and network information
- Creating a password and user identification systems for high security.
The salary range of a system administrator is from $44k - $87k. However, the average salary is $62,083, respectively.
A security administrator is responsible for installing efficient security software to guard the organization’s network and data from illegal access, troubleshoot, and other destructions.
Role and Responsibilities of a Security Administrator
Read up on the roles and responsibilities of a security administrator below:
- Detecting risks and taking measures to resolve it
- Running tests across all network sections to identify threats and vulnerabilities
- Tracking network traffic and identifying apprehensive behavior
- Arranging security systems such as firewalls and antivirus in the servers.
- Developing policies for network and authorizing roles to access files.
- Evaluating current security practices and suggesting recommendations for betterment.
- Prepare a disaster recovery plan
- Involve the staff, managers and senior-level management for effective security policies
The salary offered to a security administrator is ranged from $26000 - $168,000. However, the average salary is $81,609, respectively.
The security specialist is responsible for implementing security procedures in the organization, evaluating the current security system, and suggesting changes to upper management for extra protection.
Role and Responsibilities of a Security Specialist
The role and responsibilities of a security specialist are as follows.
- Creating security standards across the company by collaborating with engineers and architects
- Protecting the organization network from outside threats such as cybersecurity
- Arranging security systems such as firewall and antivirus and system updates in the servers
- Securing network with credentials of the authorized personnel
- Identifying suspicious attempts of accessing a system.
- Auditing the performance of security across the network
- Providing training to staff on security practices
- Keeping track of network and systems for any vulnerabilities or threats.
- Continually updating the system to resolve bug fixes.
The salary offered to a security specialist is estimated to be $38,000 - $60,000. However, the average wage earned is $55,000, respectively.
Security engineers produce computer servers that can handle troubles such as natural disasters or internet threats. They also assess the servers across the organization to ensure robust security in the network and look for potential security issues.
Role and Responsibilities of Security Engineer
There are various responsibilities of a security engineer. Below mentioned are the core responsibilities of a security engineer.
- Executing and monitoring steps taken to secure servers, networks, and data from harm.
- Developing a well-defined security framework
- Establishing computer protection architecture and a comprehensive security design against cyber
- Preparing SOP’s and protocols
- Identify and resolve troubleshooting security framework devices.
- Creating and implementing effective technical solutions and up to date security devices to reduce the risks and vulnerabilities.
- Communicating with the relevant staff about security issues.
- Preparing a detailed report based on the evaluation, findings, and results for improvement in the security systems of the enterprise.
The salary of a security engineer starts from $30,000 and can reach up to$233,000. However, the average salary of a security engineer per year is $108,049, respectively.
Other Career Opportunities with CompTIA+ Security Certification
The IT security field is vast hence; offers various career opportunities for the certified CompTIA experts. Some of the other jobs for a certified security professional are:
- Network Administrator
- Junior IT Auditor/ Penetration Tester
- Security Consultant
Click the link and learn more with QuickStart about Top 4 Jobs you can get with a CompTIA Security+ Certification. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBIDQZPLXc