Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
Looking to accelerate your career growth and increase your income?
Looking to accelerate your career growth and increase your income?
CISA: The Cyber Security Certification No One Is Talking About
For an organization to run its Information Systems, it is essential to have professional and highly trained audits that are not only capable of identifying issues in the systems but are also able to lay a secure framework for maximum protection.
One such certification that allows IS audit professionals to elevate their status and secure handsome jobs that meet an organization’s needs is the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). This certification is granted by the ISACA for those professionals who look after a company’s IT systems and ensures that there is no threat or that the systems are well protected.
Why is the CISA certification so important?
The CISA certification is not only globally recognized but also the standard on the basis of which an IT auditor’s skills and expertise is evaluated. This means that those holding the CISA certification are considered professionals for assessing the threats faced by businesses while monitoring the systems and formulating efficient strategies.
IT managers, auditors, security professionals, and consultants alike can benefit greatly from the CISA certification while taking their career to the next level.
Below is a list of benefits that the CISA certification provides to professionals:
- Enables auditors to expand their knowledge while helping them learn new techniques and skills required to meet the needs of enterprises.
- Proves that you are skilled and trained professionally.
- Gives you an edge in the marketplace while boosting your expertise.
- Provides improved job growth and career opportunities while giving you an edge over your colleagues.
- Helps you feel accomplished while providing you with a sense of satisfaction for passing a crucial certification.
- Backs your education and experience.
- Adds credibility to your resume.
- Enhances your value as an employee providing you with greater career opportunities.
- Globally recognized.
- Helps you meet ISACA’s requirements for ethical conduct.
Why are CISA Certified Professionals more likely to be Hired?
Not only is the CISA certification globally recognized, it also holds immense respect and importance in the field of IS in enterprises. Businesses today require efficient, skilled, and trained audit professionals who can look after IS. That’s exactly what a CISA professional is capable of doing.
Companies are in search of CISA certified professionals who can monitor, control, and secure their information systems from ongoing threats while creating strategies to protect their networks. CISA professionals who are employees in companies bring the following benefits to the table:
- Experts in controlling and handling technology and systems.
- Highly qualified and thoroughly trained.
- Possess great experience.
- Professionals at their job.
- Indulge in continual improvement of their knowledge and skill.
- Committed to providing the enterprise with improved value from their information systems.
- Adds a globally recognized certification that meets all international standards for ethical conduct and best practices in the field of IS for the organization.
- Boost the organization’s credibility in the eyes of international clients.
- Highly competent in five domains including organization and management, standards and practices, software development; integrity, confidentiality, and availability; and acquisition and maintenance.
Due to its increasing demand and value, the CISA certification has become the precedent for IS audit professionals around the world. The knowledge, skills, and training provided through the certification is what makes up for a credible and valuable professional in the field of IS. Having the CISA certification by your name makes you more appealing to employers who are in constant search of professionals to improve their overall security.
You cannot just go out and become CISA certified. It takes a lot of hardwork and ongoing effort to pass the exam and receive the certification. In order to become CISA certified, one needs to pass the CISA exam. Some of the criteria for getting the CISA certificate are listed below:
- You must score 450 or above on the test that is scored to a maximum of 800 points.
- You must have a minimum of five years of experience working in the field of IS control, IS audit, IS assurance, or security.
- Your work experience must be 10 years prior to your application submission for the certification or five years within clearing the CISA exam.
- You must adhere to ISACA’s Code of Professional Ethics and Information Systems Auditing Standards.
Once you have met these criteria, you are good to apply for the certification. That’s not all! Candidates who have successfully received the CISA certification must take 20 hours of training every year including a total of 120 hours in a three year period. This is necessary because ISACA needs to ensure that the certified professionals are keeping up with current trends and that they are perfect in their knowledge of the field.
In order to prepare for the CISA certification, it is important to ensure that you are well aware of the exam format. The CISA exam consists of 150 multiple choice questions based on five job practice domains including the following:
- Protection of information assets
- Process of auditing IS
- IS acquisition, implementation, and development
- IT management and governance
- IS maintenance, service management, and operations
The exam is four hours long and is held in the months of June, September, and December. The test is conducted worldwide and is based in English. However, if you want to take the test in another language then you have the option to choose from Chinese Mandarin Simplified, Japanese, Spanish, Korean, and French.
The Pay Off!
Once you are a CISA certified professional, the door to many impressive job opportunities will open for you. CISA certified professionals can easily earn a six-figure paycheck. Those with a minimum of one-year experience can earn somewhere around $52,459 and those with more experience and successful project completions will take home a bigger chunk of around $122,326.
CISA certification might not be as popular as the CASP certification and CISSP certification but is equally recognized and extremely high paying. With this certification on your resume, you can ensure maximum career growth and earning opportunities.
If you want to prepare for the CISA certification exam, you can book yourself in an online training course.