Articles, Blogs, Whitepapers, Webinars, and Other Resources
How to Manually Configure Outlook on MS Exchange Server 2016
The Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 is the latest iteration of the Exchange Server messaging platform, and includes a number of advanced features for organizations to have a resilient deployment of email across multiple customer sites. This blog contains a step-by-step process of how to set up your Microsoft Exchange 2016 mailbox to work with your Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013 email client.
For Outlook 2010/2013
- Click the Windows Start button, select Control Panel, and then click Mail icon to open your outlook settings.
- Click Show Profiles, click Add, enter a name in the Profile name field, and then click on OK.
- On the Auto Account Setup page of the Add New Account wizard, select Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
- On the Choose Service page, select Microsoft Exchange Server or compatible service, and then click Next.
- On the Server Settings page, enter the server name given by the client in the Server field, and check the box Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Enter your email address in the field User Name, and then click on More Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Connection tab and select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box. Then click Exchange Proxy Settings.
- In the Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings dialog box,
- Type the URL for your proxy server in the ‘Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange’ field.
- Make sure that both the options On fast networks and On slow networks are checked.
- In the Proxy authentication settings box, choose Basic Authentication.
- Click OK.
- In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click Apply and then click OK.
- On the Server Settings page, click Check Name, type your password, and then click OK. If you have set everything up properly, you will see a window requesting authentication.
- Enter the complete primary email address as the username, and enter the password for the mailbox. If correct, your name will then be highlighted and the User Name field will get underlined, showing that your profile has been configured successfully.
- Click Next, then Finish, then OK to save changes.
- Close the Mail screen and open Outlook. When you are asked for your password, enter it into the Password field.
For Outlook 2016
Exchange accounts can only be added to Outlook 2016, the newest version of MS Outlook, using auto account setup. Here are a few important points to note when configuring Outlook 2016 on Microsoft Exchange Server 2016:
- Outlook 2016 doesn't support manual setup for Exchange accounts.
- If you want to use Outlook 2016 with an Exchange account, you'll need to let Outlook set up the account up automatically.
- Outlook 2016 relies exclusively on AutoDiscover to connect to Exchange servers for manual configuration. Since there is no option to manually configure, users face problems when off the network, like when the user is at home.
- Outlook 2016 retrieves Exchange Server connectivity settings directly from AutoDiscover instead of the registry, enhancing the reliability quotient, but that also makes AutoDiscover an obligatory feature.
- Outlook 2016 does not connect to Exchange 2007 mailboxes, as Outlook 2016 requires technology, such as sync, search and auto-discover, present in Exchange 2010 and later versions.
We’ll not be discussing the details for automatically adding Exchange account in MS Outlook in this blog. However, it is a pretty straightforward process.
Exchange Server 2016 can give a solid foundation to a path-breaking career to aspiring IT professionals and fills in the skills gap that currently exists in the portfolio. Professionals can accelerate skills-upgrade path by enrolling themselves in Microsoft Exchange 2016 training course from a well-known training center.
Looking for Microsoft Exchange 2016 certification training?
QuickStart’s self-direct course structure is designed for you to easily adapt to your learning needs and style. The personalized learning approach together with high-impact mentoring makes learning Microsoft Exchange 2016 all the more worthwhile. After acquiring Exchange 2016 training from QuickStart, our students get hired by top-notch technology companies on best pay scales across the industry.