Configure Outlook with Exchange Server 2013
If you have worked in the corporate world, you would have definitely heard about Outlook. It is a personal information manager by Microsoft that lets you stay organized at all times. Primarily used as an email application, it can also be used like a contact manager, calendar, task manager and journal.
Microsoft Exchange Server is a collaborative enterprise server application designed by Microsoft that runs on Windows Servers. It supports the following functionalities:
- Web-based and mobile information access
- Data storage
- Contacts and tasks
Exchange Server 2013 is crucial for the overall working of Microsoft Outlook as it comes armed with the following important features:
- Backup and Disaster Recovery
- Deployment Flexibility
- Advanced Protection
- Sensitive Content Monitoring
- Outlook Web App
- Exchange ActiveSync
- Retention, Discovery and Email Archiving
- Exchange Administration Center
Configuring Microsoft Exchange 2013 Mailbox to Work With Microsoft Outlook 2013 Email Client
1. Open Outlook on your windows machine by going to the control panel and clicking on the mail.
2. Click Show Profiles, click Add, enter a name for this profile, and then select OK.
3. On the Auto Account Setup page of the Add New Account wizard, select manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
4. On the Choose Service page, select Microsoft Exchange or compatible service, and then click Next.
5. On the Server Settings page, perform the following actions:
- In the Server text box, type outlook.
- Select the Use Cached Exchange Mode check box.
- In the User Name text box, enter your entire email address.
- Click More Settings.
6. In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click the Connection tab and select the Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP check box. Then click Exchange Proxy Settings.
7. In the Microsoft Exchange Proxy Settings dialog box, perform the following actions:
- In the Use this URL to connect to my proxy server for Exchange text box, enter mex06.emailsrvr.com.
- Select both the On fast networks and On slow networks check boxes.
- Under Proxy authentication settings, select Basic Authentication.
- Click OK.
8. In the Microsoft Exchange dialog box, click Apply and then click OK.
9. On the Server Settings page, click Check Name, type your password, and then click OK.
10. Click Next. On the next page, click Finish.
11. Open Outlook to select your new Exchange profile.
Issues Associated with Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server 2013
After the setup, outlook and exchange server work perfectly in most scenarios, however, sometimes a few issues can arise during their use. Synchronization problems when you synchronize your Exchange Server mailbox with your .ost file in Outlook or connectivity issues can be quite a challenge for most organizations. In order to track such problems and resolve them, trained employees are required.
Need for Outlook and Exchange Server Training
Outlook is extensively used in most industries. There is a high demand for knowledgeable individuals with decent experience. People aspiring to be enterprise-level messaging administrators are often unable to get a breakthrough as they are not well versed with outlook and exchange severs. While an employer desires thoroughly trained employees, there is a dearth of individuals with the desired skill set. This leads to aspiring candidates (without proper training) shown the door more often than not. By completing a course from a reputed institute, a lot of aspiring candidates have excelled in their careers.
QuickStart: Shaping Careers with Outlook and Exchange Server Training
QuickStart is a reputed brand in IT development and technical training that provides highly coveted courses. With training from QuickStart, you will be able to master Outlook and Exchange Server. Personalized training from an experienced staff will help you develop a skill set that will enhance your career.
Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 course are perfect for young aspirants to upgrade their job profile and break into the IT industry as server admins. It is also beneficial for the owners of startup businesses looking to manage their own mails without the support of an IT expert.
With over 250,000 trained trainees, QuickStart is known for shaping careers. With tried and tested methodologies and teaching techniques, QuickStart pushes your career to new heights.
QuickStart has consistently provided 100% satisfaction to the course takers. The personalized Outlook and Microsoft Exchange Server training that a trainee gets assist in learning faster and add value to the overall experience.
QuickStart has some great policies which makes it way better than its competition. Course fee paid by an individual is refunded if he/she is unable to take the course for any reasons. It also offers amazing discounts in instances where you wish to retake an upgraded version of the training that you took in the past 9 months.