How to Install Windows 10
With new additions and innovations, Windows 10 has changed the way computing is done. Reduced startup time coupled with touchscreen support turns the task of operating a computer system into a breeze. More and more users are switching to Windows 10 from their Windows 7 and Windows 8 operating systems. The corporate world has taken a fancy to the latest version of windows and we are seeing a rapid rise in the number of installs of this amazing OS. Identifying the hardware components of personal computers and workstations is a crucial part of operating system installation, which is the reason why technicians with knowledge of computer hardware and Windows 10 configuration are in heavy demand. This has led to an increase in the number of job opportunities for people with these skills. In case you are trying to break into the industry as an entry-level information technology (IT) professional, a CompTIA a plus certification can go a long way in sealing the deal for you.
Right Time to Upgrade to Windows 10
According to netmarketshare.com, there are 29.09% desktop users in the world who use Windows 10 on their computers (as of September 2017). Microsoft’s Windows 7 tops the charts with an astounding percentage of 47.21%. However, with time, people are switching to Windows 10 and the user base of this amazing operating system is growing with each passing day.
After its launch in July 29, 2015, Windows 10 has seen the release of a number of updates that have made this OS a lot better than it was at the time of its launch. It is expected that a lot more companies and home users will switch to Windows 10 in the year 2017, and the number is only going to rise with time.
Installing Windows 10 from Scratch: Clean Install
There are many ways to install Windows 10 depending on the present configuration of your computer system. Here we will discuss how you can perform a clean install of the Windows 10 operating system.
Before installing the latest operating system from Microsoft, you need to check if your system meets the minimum requirement criteria.
- 1. You will need a Microsoft account and Internet access
- 2. The processor should be 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- 3. A minimum RAM of 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit) is required
- 4. Hard disk space of at least 16 GB which is free
- 5.Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver
- 1. Go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and download Microsoft's Windows 10 media creation tool, which will be required for installation of Windows 10 OS
- 2. Run MediaCreationTool.exe and choose "Create installation media for another PC"
- 3. Now you can either Accept or change the installation options depending on your preference, after that click Next
- 4. Choose ISO file or USB flash drive (for burning to a DVD later) and click Next
- 5. Make the selection of your drive and click Next
- 6. Click Finish, once the media creation tool has created the media for you
- 7. Now, turn off your PC and start again with the USB drive or DVD inserted
- 8. You will get a prompt that says; press any key to boot from the USB drive or DVD
- 9. Press any key to proceed further
- 10. Follow the prompts that follow for setting up Windows 10
- 11. You will have to enter your Windows 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10 license key
- 12. Agree to the Windows 10 license terms and you are good to go
How to Master Different Facets of Operating Systems
With a CompTIA A certificate, you can learn about operating system installations and much more. With this course, you will learn about various attributes of the operating system and how to operate them. This is the perfect course for you because:
- 1. It helps you in identifying the basic components and functions of operating systems
- 2. Provides information about operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians
- 3. Through this course you will learn about installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of display devices
- 4. You will also learn about the configuration of peripheral components
You can learn about Windows 10 installation and other OS related issues by completing a course at QuickStart. QuickStart is a renowned institute for IT training and has amazing courses like CompTIA A plus certification course, which will go a long way in helping you succeed in your career.