Pros and Cons of SCRUM Methodology
Decision makers in every industry look for new ways to increase their profits by employing the best strategies and methods. Agile software development is one such methodology that has taken the IT world by storm due to its many amazing benefits. Scrum methodology is a subset of agile development. Employing this methodology allows a team to self-organize and make changes quickly as per the agile principles. By managing the process of information exchange, a scrum master handles the operations in the best possible manner. It has been found that the results obtained by using scrum methodology are much better than the ones procured by other practices, which is the reason why your organization should hire accomplished scrum masters. Recruiting people who have done scrum master training from a reputed institute is a good way to bring the scrum methodology into your organization.
In the USA, the average pay for a ScrumMaster is $82,556 per year. A good scrum master can change the way you operate and bring in a new environment of efficiency in the workspace.
The Pros and Cons of SCRUM Methodology
The advantages of scrum technology are listed below:
- 1. Removing mistakes or rectifying them is considerably easy with scrum methodology.
- 2. Easy visibility of all stages of the process throughout its development.
- 3. It is easy to cope with changes required by clients as Scrum methodology consists of short sprints with constant feedback.
- 4. You are able to change development at any stage as you get access to increased flexibility with scrum methodology.
- 5. By involving customers, Scrum methodology ensures best results.
- 6. Allows for success in businesses in which documentation is hard.
- 7. Fast results and simple testing procedure for better work output and quality.
- 8. This is a lightweight method that comprises of frequent updates of the progress. The updates are achieved through regular meetings.
- 9. It is iterative in nature and needs continuous feedback from the user for the betterment of the process.
- 10. Scrum methodology incorporates daily meetings, which helps in identifying problems and resolving them in time.
- 11. Clients get access to a transparent process which allows them to trace the entire procedure and measure individual productivity.
- 12. With employment of this methodology, your team always remains motivated.
- 13. The product more often than not gets delivered at the right time.
- 14. Scrum methodology is quite budget friendly and gives desired results in a very short time.
The Disadvantages of the SCRUM Methodology
- 1. This process requires the scrum master to have believe in their team. Strict governance can lead to the failure of the entire project.
- 2. If a member of the team leaves the process during development, it has a negative impact on the project development.
- 3. With no deadline to deliver the product, it leads to scope creep and always keeps project managers demanding new functionality to be delivered.
- 4. Does not come with any predicted time limit and cost valuations, which can make it to expand to several sprints.
- 5. Requires strong commitment from all members of the team. In case some members are not up to the task, it can lead to grave problems.
- 6. Mostly suited for small teams that have great cohesion and understanding.
- 7. Requires a group of experienced people for accomplishing tasks.
- 8. For quantifying the process, the test team has to conduct regression testing of the development after each sprint. This makes it hard to implement scrum methodology.
- 9. There is a greater pressure on team members and they have to spend a large amount of time on project development.
Although there are some challenges in scrum methodology, its benefits far outweigh the effort that you have to put in to accomplish tasks. Widely used in Software development, it is gaining the interest of other industries as well. If you can hire an able candidate in the scrum master role, it will serve your company well in the longer run.
Challenges in Finding the Right Candidates
Scrum masters need to have the right credentials, personality, and attitude to carry out the daily tasks for their organization. The right training is also very important for a scrum master to develop fully into an asset. By hiring individuals who have done scrum master training from recognized institutes like QuickStart, you can ensure that your business is done in the best possible way.