Quickstart's IT bootcamps & IT certifications help you get a new or better career. We partner with top technology companies and universities.
In the old days to be a hero, you needed to hold a sword. Then these sword holding heroes changed into pen holding knights. New times call for new heroes and these heroes save the world from cybercrime.
What is cybersecurity:
Cybersecurity is the process to protect networks, I.T systems, and devices from all illegal activities.
Why is it important:
As the I.T world is developing and growing, so are the threats. More and more regulations are being implemented to make informational data and information systems more secure. The world is coming out of the illusion that the I.T world is safe. It is known commonly that every organization has been breached in one way or another or most likely to be breached soon.
According to research by juniper research it was predicted that in 2019, due to cybercrimes, companies will lose around 2 trillion and this cost will increase around 150 million dollars more in 2020.
According to the same report Cybercrime and the Internet of Threats it is concluded that cybercrime professionalism is increasing, which means that crimes are decreasing in number due to new regulation and investments in cyber protection but they are getting more targeted and more effected causing huge financial and other catastrophes.
An analysis performed by Deloitte Advisory (Beneath the Surface of a Cyberattack: A Deeper Look at the Business Impacts) the cyber attacks usually impact the organizations till long after the attack was conducted, almost two years to be precise and 90 % of the impact is not even quantifiable. for example. Information leaks, reputation losses, and share loss e.t.c.
Just think about all the other ways information leaks can cause chaos in society. Leaked medical records, power failure in a city, deleted crime records and most importantly leaked sensitive information about a country.
How the market is increasing:
The infosec job market 2020 is turning into a giant who is consuming the I.T world. The data collected by Gartner concluded organizations have started to spend almost 5.6 % of their I.T budget on cybersecurity and its budget is predicted to increase up to 133.7 billion dollars in 2020.
In a report named Worldwide Semiannual Security Spending Guide from international data corporation, It is predicted that from 2018 to 2022 the growth in security budget will be around 9.2% worldwide. How crazy is that? Prime index has calculated that the market has grown 30 times in the previous 13 years.
A huge factor in this market are the governments. They are planning to spend a lot in infosec job market 2020. Information leaking threats have increased and securing important data has become the top priority for every government.in the US alone the budget for cybersecurity in 2018 was 14.98 billion dollars. Just look at the scope of the money that is being used to prevent cyber attacks. And it is not just U.S.A, every country’s cybersecurity budget is getting higher and higher every year. According to the military programming law 2018-2025 France, an additional 1.6 billion euros have been added to the budget and around 1500 more cybersecurity personnel are to be hired soon.
How can you benefit from the situation :
Overall growth in the industry and drastically increasing cybersecurity budgets are causing the creation of huge amount of job opportunities in the cybersecurity field. This is also causing a problem as well, which could be your solution, if you think smartly and use this time effectively. Overall growth in the industry and drastically increasing cybersecurity budgets are causing the creation of huge amount of job opportunities in the cybersecurity field.
Well, look no more. Now is the time, infosec job market 2020 is hot right now.
Here are some statistics to prove the point:
- 82% of companies are suffering from a shortage of cybersecurity skilled workers. (ISSA)
- 61% of the hiring organizations don’t think the employee pool in the market is appropriately qualified. (ISSA)
- luckily ! the unemployment rate in this industry is zero % and the prediction is it will be unchanged until 202 (CSO Online)
- It is forecasted that almost 100 percent of large businesses will hire cybersecurity personnel by 2021. (Cybersecurity Ventures)
- there is also a prediction of the vacant job positions related to cybersecurity worldwide will be around 3.5 million by 2021. (Cybersecurity Ventures)
With the help of these huge numbers of facts, you can make the right decision to enter this industry and be the hero every organization is looking for and don’t worry about the paychecks. They are huge. The versatility and the skills let your career path go a long way and alteration in the path is way easier than other career options.
What is different about a career in cybersecurity:
- In infosec job market 2020 a lot of I.T companies may not require you to utilize the traditional office timings and are willing to allow remote workplace.
- With so many jobs emerging you can choose the city or even the country you want to work in.
- You have the option of working in the public or private sector. Every sector is bursting with jobs right now.
- Self-employment is also getting very famous in this sector. Work for yourself, there is a lot of gap to be filled.
- Work-life balance is easier to achieve in this field as compared to other jobs.
- New times call for new types of heroes and the people protecting the world from cyber crimes are the heroes we all need.
- Cybersecurity is the process to protect networks, I.T systems, and devices from all illegal activities
- As the I.T world is developing and growing, so are the threats. The world is coming out of the illusion that the I.T world is safe. It is known commonly that every organization has been breached in one way or another or most likely to be breached soon.
- The cybersecurity market is turning into a giant who is consuming the I.T world
- A huge factor in this market are the governments, especially in infosec (information security) governments are spending a lot.
- overall growth in the industry and drastically increasing cybersecurity budgets are causing the creation of huge amount of job opportunities in the cybersecurity field.
- Having a career in cybersecurity have advantages which other fields don’t offer like fluid career, remote work, career growth e.t.c