BOW310 XI 3.0/3.1: Report Design (BOW310v91)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
During this course, you’ll learn how to create Web Intelligence documents for your reporting needs, to retrieve data by building queries using BusinessObjects universes and to use Web Intelligence to enhance documents for easier analysis. You’ll also learn how to organize, manage and distribute documents using InfoView.
After taking this course, you will be able to efficiently and effectively manage personal and corporate documents to access the information you need, when you need it. You will be able to design your own reports using Web Intelligence and share your analysis with other users.
The target audience for this course is report designers who need to access and analyze information using InfoView and Web Intelligence.
- * Prerequisite Education
- Not applicable for this offering. * Prerequisite Knowledge/Experience
- Not applicable for this offering.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Introducing Web Intelligence
- Describing Web Intelligence concepts
- Explaining Web Intelligence core functionality
- Describing Web Intelligence and BusinessObjects Enterprise
- Creating Web Intelligence Documents with Queries
- Querying with Web Intelligence
- Creating a new document
- Modifying a document's query
- Working with query properties
- Restricting Data Returned by a Query
- Restricting data with query filters
- Modifying a query with a predefined query filter
- Applying a single-value query filter
- Using wildcards in query filters
- Using prompts to restrict data
- Using complex filters
- Designing Web Intelligence Reports
- Working with Web Intelligence documents
- Displaying data in tables and charts
- Creating tables
- Working with tables
- Presenting data in free-standing cells
- Presenting data in charts
- Enhancing the Presentation of Data in Reports
- Using breaks, calculations
- Using sorts
- Formatting breaks and cross tabs
- Using report filters
- Ranking data to see top or bottom values
- Tracking data changes
- Using alerters to highlight information
- Organizing a report into sections
- Copying data to other applications
- Formatting Reports
- Formatting documents
- Formatting charts
- Calculating Data with Formulas and Variables
- Explaining formulas and variables
- Using formulas and variables
- Using Multiple Data Sources
- Synchronizing data from multiple data sources
- Creating multiple queries in a document
- Synchronizing data with merged dimensions
- Using a personal data provider
- Analyzing Data
- Analyzing the data cube
- Drilling in Web Intelligence documents
- Setting Web Intelligence drill options
- Managing and Sharing Web Intelligence Documents
- Exporting documents to the CMS
- Logging into InfoView
- Managing documents in InfoView
- Viewing a Web Intelligence document in InfoView
- Sharing Web Intelligence documents
- Setting InfoView preferences
- Describing Web Intelligence report panels
- Logging off from InfoView
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's