Brief Overview of Project Management
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 904 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
This course revolves around the introduction to practical basics of project management. All the focus is on the ANSI and IEEE accepted degrees for professional project management.
Project Management Institute has distinguished nine key parts in the field of project management.
The parts are as follows:
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communication Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
The full length course is available in Learn subscription, for just USD 39.99.
Establishment of an efficient team and planning a satisfactory mode of communication is one of the basic qualities of a good project management structure. It is teamwork. It ensures that all the team members and stakeholders have complete information regarding the project. And for this purpose, it is the duty of project manager to conduct regular meetings with the team members, stakeholders, and top-level management.
Project plan plays a vital role in successful project management. It is the responsibility of the project manager when designing a project plan to make sure that he included all client-centred design; best methods and techniques according to the client requirements.
A project plan involves features such as objectives, outcomes, scope, budget, teamwork, scheme, assumptions, dependencies, premises, risk assessment, and management.
Above all, a project plan defines a complete set of activities that are to be performed by all the team members. The project plan must be updated accordingly if the sponsor requests some new changes in the final product. Depending on the project needs, all the decisions have to be taken by the project manager. Then the project manager may also include a charter agreement in their project plan. A project charter is an official form, which is signed by the project sponsor.
A project lifecycle goes through six phases:
1. Project Definition: Defining the aim, objectives, outcomes and goals, and success aspects for the project.
2. Project Initiation: To set up everything in the project before starting further work on the project.
3. Project Planning: Detailed patterns about the management including time, cost and resource assessment.
4. Project Execution: Complete the work defined in the project management plan to provide the product, service or desired outcome. A perfect implementation is required for effective project management.
5. Project Monitoring & Control: The projects are usually monitored by the project managers, ensuring that a project stays on track and taking corrective actions if it does not.
6. Project Closure: Approval of the deliverables and scattering of all the essential components required to run the project.
After completing this course, students will able to:
- Understand the basics of project management and then implement them to be effective in their project delivery.
- Arrange organisations to provide successful project management delivery.
- Establish the concepts of the participant to increase his knowledge on all aspects of project management
This is the best course for a professional who desires to get into project management
- You are industrious and motivated to learn.
- You can communicate fluently and in English without any hesitation.
- You are willing to participate in the discussion forum and give us feedback if needed to improve the course.
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||1 Hour|