Build Web APIs using ASP.NET
Self-Paced LearningLearning Style
16 HoursCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
About this course
Want to learn how to serve data to your client applications using Web API? Perhaps you are considering creating applications for mobile devices but your data needs will exceed the storage capacity of the device. Perhaps you want tighter control over the data and wish to provide options for devices with limited or not always-on connectivity.
This course offers insight into the use of Web APIs using ASP.NET and C#. You’ll start with a review of client/server architectures and learn about data serialization and deserialization with JSON as the data format.
You will then be introduced to REST and RESTful concepts with discussions on synchronous and asynchronous programming.
The third module introduces you to ASP.NET Core and using Entity Framework for data access.
Finally, you will learn how to use Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) with your services and how to secure your Web APIs
- RESTful Services
- Web API
- ASP.NET Core
- Web Developer
- Knowledge of C#
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Database knowlede
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- Before You Start
- About This Course
- Introduce Yourself
- Meet The Instructors
- Pre-course survey
Module 1 | Introduction to Web API
- Lesson One: What is Web API?
- Lesson Two: Serialization and Deserialization
- Lab Overview And Config
- Lab01 Run Client-Server System
- SelfAssessment Serialize and Deserialize Cross Applications
Module 2 | REST and HTTP
- Lesson One: What is REST?
- Lesson Two: What is RESTful Web API?
- Lesson Three: HTTP Request and Response
- Labs Overview And Config
- Lab01 Use Postman Create HTTP Requests
- Lab02 Debug Web API with Postman
Module 3 | Basic ASP.NET Core Web API
- Module Introduction
- Lesson One: Controllers and Actions
- Lesson Two: Extract Parameters from HTTP Request
- Lesson Three: Model Bindings
- Lesson Four: Action Result Serialization
- Lab00 Labs Overview And Config
- Lab01 Create Controllers and Actions
- Lab02 Working with Routes
- Lab03 Extract Action Parameters
- Lab04 Model Bindings
- Lab05 Status Codes in Response
- SelfAssessment Create Controller Actions
Module 4 | Advanced ASP.NET Core Web API
- Module Introduction
- Lesson One: Work With Entity Framework Core
- Lesson Two: Test the Web API
- Lesson Three: Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- Lab00 Labs Overview And Config
- Lab01 Tutorial WebAPI and Entity Framework Core
- Lab02 Tutorial Debug WebAPI with Unit Test
- Lab03 Final Project
- Post-course Survey
Get Microsoft Course Completion Certificate
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||16 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's