Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Table-based databases struggle to cope with an ever-growing variety of data, whereas the document-oriented nature of MongoDB allows developers to quickly build highly scalable applications. In this big data training course, you will gain the skills to develop, administer, secure, and scale MongoDB-based applications, and acquire low-cost, data-driven applications with MongoDB as the back-end database.
- Develop highly scalable and cost-efficient applications with MongoDB
- Build efficient MongoDB data models for enterprise-scale applications
- Enhance performance with indexing and sharding
- Manage consistency with write concern and read preference
- Process data and compute results with aggregation pipelines and MapReduce
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
- Java programming
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Setting the Stage
Recognizing the need for NoSQL data stores
- Justifying non-relational data stores
- Listing the categories of NoSQL Data Stores
Focusing on MongoDB
- Defining the MongoDB architecture
- Reviewing the JSON standard
- Enumerating the MongoDB data types
Interacting with MongoDB
- Querying at the Command Line Interface
- Running Scripts
- Manipulating MongoDB data from Python and Java
Surveying Cluster Topology
- Creating a standalone mongod
- Achieving redundancy with replica sets
- Replicating data with the oplog
Dissecting MongoDB Storage Strategies
- Identifying storage engines
- Improving data safety with journaling
- Investigating record allocation strategies
Storing Large Files with GridFS
- Weighing the advantages and disadvantages of GridFS
- Leveraging the mongofiles utility tool
- Compressing data for economy of drive space
Exploring the MongoDB Data and Query Model
- Storing data in Databases, collections and documents
- Inserting and updating Documents
- Running scripts from the Mongo Shell
- Restricting find() with a query document
- Specifying keys for queries to return
- Constraining the number of results with limit and skip
- Express relationships using references
- Embedding sub-documents
Configuring Replication and Data Consistency
Configuring Read and Write Consistency
- Reading from primary and secondary nodes
- Setting the read preference level
- Selecting the Appropriate Write Concern
- Writing with a timeout
Customizing Write Concern and Read Preference
- Applying tags to replicas
- Adding logical names to write concerns
- Reading from a tagged mongod
Tuning Performance with Indexes
Improving access speed with indexes
- Investigating a query with the explain() function
- Getting statistics from explain()
- Choosing an index with the hint() function
Considering the cost and benefit of indexing
- Designing a better index
- Opting out of using an index
- Profiling to identify slow queries
Taking advantage of indexes
- Sorting and finding ranges with an index
- Guaranteeing uniqueness with indexes
- Skipping missing fields with a sparse index
Managing collections with special indexes
- Aging data out of a capped collection
- Searching for text fragments with $text
- Deleting documents automatically using time to live indexes
- Permitting queries by location
Utilizing the Aggregation Framework
Leveraging the different modes of the Aggregation Framework
- Invoking single-purpose aggregation functions
- Performing operations with the Aggregation Pipeline framework
- Executing MapReduce on MongoDB
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's