Byte Size Chunks: Java Multithreading
About Individual Course:
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00
Now Only $10.00 Regular Price $49.00/ Each
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription plan gives you access to this course and over 820 other popular courses
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99
Now Only $39.99 Regular Price $44.99/ Month
About this course:
- Prerequisites: Basic understanding of Java
- Taught by a Stanford-educated, ex-Googler, husband-wife team
- Please don't take this class if you have already signed up for our From 0 to 1: Learn Java Programming course (that includes a far longer and more in-depth version of this material)
This is a quick and handy course with exactly what you need to know (nothing more, nothing less!) about multithreading and concurrency in Java
Let’s parse that.
- The course is quick and handy: It explains multithreading and concurrency in Java in just the right level of detail for you to put these to work today.
- The course has exactly what you need - nothing more, nothing less. It starts from zero, builds up the design, then gives plenty of real-world examples, but crisply and quickly.
- The course is also quirky. The examples are irreverent. Lots of little touches: repetition, zooming out so we remember the big picture, active learning with plenty of quizzes. There’s also a peppy soundtrack, and art - all shown by studies to improve cognition and recall.
The average salary for a Java Developer skills is $69,722 per year.
- Context: Why threading matters, and why it is getting more important as CPU architectures evolve and cloud-computing catches on
- The basics: threads, processes, shared memory and inter-thread communcation
- Old-school Java threading: Runnable and Thread objects and using them
- New-age Java threading: Callable and Future objects, executors and other services
- Semantics: the synchronized and volatile keywords
- Case study: Double-checked locking and the singleton pattern
- Folks who know some Java but are entirely new to multi-threading or writing concurrent code
- This course calls for a basic working knowledge of Java
Suggested Prerequisite Course:
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||2 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|