Certified Virtual Desktop Engineer (C)VDE)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course introduces virtualization professionals to VMware Horizon View 7 Suite, this course will show VMware professionals how to install & configure Horizon View and its many components. They will gain an understanding of the component parts and how to design a basic EUC environment utilizing the products. It is expected that after the completion of the course the delegate will be above VCP-DT level. This course also prepares the students for Certified Virtual Desktop Engineer certification exam. The Certified Virtual Desktop Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”).
The average salary for VDI Professional is $79,168 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Learn to manage performance of the Horizon View desktops
- Learn to properly size the desktop images
- Learn how to properly design a Horizon View EnvironmentInstall and configure the Horizon View Connection Server
- Install and Configure the Horizon View administrator interface
- Install and Configure the Horizon View Security Server
- Install and Configure the Horizon Desktop Composer
- Configure and manage the Horizon View Clients and Agents
- Install and Configure virtual desktops with optimizations
- Configure and manage pools using full clones, linked clones and instant clones
- Configure and manage Remote Desktop Services (RDS) pools of applications
- Install, Configure and Manage the User Environment Manager
- Install, Configure and Manage App Volumes
- Understand the use of profiles
- Learn to manage for growth
This course is intended for:
- VDI professionals that are new to VMware Horizon Suite, but are already proficient with vSphere 5.x or 6.x based virtual infrastructure and the configuration of DRS, HA and other Cluster related features. Also, provides performance insights for experienced users.
- 2+ years’ experience with VMware vSphere
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1 – Course Introduction
- Module 2 – Intro to Horizon View
- Module 3 – Design Choices
- Module 4 – Horizon Connection Server
- Module 5 – Horizon Desktop Composer
- Module 6 – Using the Horizon AdministratorInterface
- Module 7 – Horizon Desktops
- Module 8 – Horizon Client Options
- Module 9 – vSphere Management
- Module 10 – Creating and ManagingAutomated Pools
- Module 11 - Managing Horizon Security
- Module 12 - Horizon Personal Management
- Module 13 – Performance, Upgrades and BCM
- Module 14 – Advanced Management ofDesktop Pools
- Module 15 – Updating Pools
- Module 16 – Blast Extreme
- Module 17 – App-V and UEM
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's