Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Boot Camp (CUWNBC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course
Being a comprehensive course on the challenges and deployment techniques of wireless networks, the Cisco Unified Wireless Networking boot camp is designed to help students make informed decisions pertaining to the deployment and configuration of wireless networks. After being introduced to the basics of wireless networking, students will explore real life scenarios and best practices that can be leveraged for effective results.
Deployment, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, and effective maintenance of Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment
Configuration of various architectures such as unified, FlexConnect, and autonomous architectures
Configuration of basic features of wireless networks including security features
Wireless LAN network administration
Wireless network maintenance and troubleshooting
Introduction and in-depth explanation of the differences between layer 2 and layer 3 client mobility
Introduction to the challenges of high density wireless network deployment scenarios and the solutions to improve user experience
Introduction to the characteristics of MESH networks and techniques to be used for implementation
This course is intended for:
IT administrators and engineers responsible for planning, installation, and configuration of Cisco wireless networks
Network managers who need to be equipped with the right knowledge and skills to deploy and troubleshoot networks effectively
Field engineers, software engineers, and security and support team members
Students interested in Cisco certification training
Basic knowledge of fundamentals of networking
Completion or understanding of concepts taught in the Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials course
Experience with wireless networks
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1 - Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials Refresher
- Lesson 1:High level review ofprerequisite course -Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials
Module 2 - Pre-Deployment Planning
- Lesson 1: Successful Wireless Deployments and Pre-deployment Planning
- Lesson 2: Cisco WLAN Professional Services
- Lesson 3: Spectrum Expert
- Lesson 4: PI Planning tools
Module 3 - Autonomous Deployments
- Lesson 1: Easy Setup GUI Interface
- Lesson 2: Basic Setup via CLI
- Lesson 3: Access Point Modes
- Lesson 4: Bridge Modes
- Lesson 5: Non-Client serving Modes
Module 4 - Unified Deployments
- Lesson 1: Initial controller Setup, and configure basic settings
- Lesson 2: Modes of operation available for a unified access point
- Lesson 3: Mechanisms by which an AP associates to a WLC
- Lesson 4: User Interfaces to the System
- Lesson 5: Radio Resource Management and CleanAir
- Lesson 6: Administering WLANs and AP Groups
- Lesson 7: Configuring Quality of Service
- Lesson 8: IPv6 Support
- Lesson 9: Identify and Configure the Wireless LAN
- Lesson 10: Security Parameters
- Lesson 11: General Administration
- Lesson 12: Guest Access
Module 5 - FlexConnect Deployments
- Lesson 1: Benefits and Limitations of FlexConnect Architecture
- Lesson 2: Operational Differences between
- Lesson 3: FlexConnect and Unified Architectures
Module 6 - Wireless LAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Routine Maintenance
- Lesson 2: Policy Configuration and Management
- Lesson 3: Gathering Data
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network
- Lab 4-1: Performing the Initial WLC Configuration Using the CLI
- Lab 4-2: Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Lab 4-3: AP Association Options
- Lab 4-4: Controller Web Interface
- Lab 4-5: Configuring RRM and CleanAir
- Lab 4-8: Configuring IPv6 First Hop Security
- Lab 4-9: Configuring Security Parameters on the WLC
- Lab 4-10: Configuring Guest Access and Web Authentication
Module 1 - Client Mobility
- Lesson1: Same Subnet Roaming
- Lesson 2: Inter-subnet Mobility
Module 2 - High Density Deployment Challenges
- Lesson 1: Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Lesson 2: Planning for Areas of High Client Density
Module 3 - Implementing Mesh Network
- Lesson 1: Describe Wireless Mesh Networks
- Lesson 2: Mesh Network Formation Process
- Lesson 3: Implementing a Mesh Network for the Enterprise
- Lesson 4: Configuring Advanced Mesh Features
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting a Mesh Network
- Lab 3-1: Configuring Mesh Access Points
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's