Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
This course is designed for students with previous experience NetScaler experience, and best suited for individuals who will be deploying and/or managing Citrix NetScaler Application Firewall (AppFirewall) to secure application access in a Citrix NetScaler environment, as well as NetScaler Management and Analytics System (MAS) to administer a Citrix NetScaler environment or optimize NetScaler-managed application delivery traffic.
Students will learn the skills required to deploy and manage AppFirewall including types of web attacks, protections and signatures, the adaptive learning engine, AppFirewall policies and profiles, troubleshooting, and additional pertinent NetScaler security features.
Students will learn the skills required for deploying and utilizing the NetScaler Management and Analytics System including the ability to manage multiple NetScaler platforms centrally, orchestrate configuration changes, report on transactions passing through the NetScaler environment, visualize infrastructure, and plan expansions. Students will also learn how to implement features including Caching, Frontend Optimization, NetScaler Web logging, and TCP/HTTP optimization to optimize traffic managed by a NetScaler environment.
At the end of the course, students will be able to configure NetScaler environments to address application services security requirements with AppFirewall, as well as automate and manage network services for scale-out application architectures with Citrix NetScaler Management and Analytics System and optimize NetScaler managed application delivery traffic.
This course is designed for students interested in learning the skills required to deploy and manage AppFirewall to secure application access in their Citrix NetScaler environment, as well as NetScaler MAS to administer a Citrix NetScaler environment, or optimize NetScaler-managed application delivery traffic. Specifically: Administrators, Implementers / Engineers and Architects
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Identify common web attacks and vulnerabilities
- Write PERL compatible regular expressions
- Understand how to utilize the adaptive learning engine
- Configure AppFirewall to protect web applications
- Utilize NetScaler Secure Insight to Monitor, Manage and report on Application Services security
- Troubleshoot AppFirewall
- Manage multiple NetScaler platforms centrally
- Orchestrate configuration changes
- Report on transactions passing through the NetScaler environment
- Visualize infrastructure and plan expansion
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends an understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Functionalities and capabilities of Citrix NetScaler
- Basic NetScaler network architecture
- Obtaining, installing, and managing NetScaler licenses
- Use of NetScaler traffic management features
- Basic Networking
- Windows and Linux Server administration
- Web Services
- SSL encryption and certificates
- Common web services attacks
- 3rd party Network Management tools
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Application Firewall Overview
- AppFirewall solution Security Model (include signature)
- Overview of types of attacks
- Adaptive Learning Engine
- Packet Processing and Inspection
- Log Files - view violations
- Advanced Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Resources
Profiles and Policies
- Engine Settings
- Forms of Regular Expressions
- Using Regular Expressions
- Metacharacters and Literal Characters
- Back Referencing
- Regular Expression Scope
Attacks and Protections
- Data Flow with AppFirewall
- Security Checks
- AppFirewall Actions
- Adaptive Learning
- Code Quality (HTML Comment Striping)
- Buffer Overflow
- SQL injection
- Cross-Site Scripting
- Cookie Tampering
- Cookie Protection
- Parameter Tampering
- Server Misconfiguration
- Form Protections
- Identity Theft - CC - Safe Object
- URL Protections - Start URL and Deny URL
Application Firewall Troubleshooting
- Security Insight
- HTTP Callout
- IP Reputation
- NetScaler MAS Introduction and Configuration
- Using NetScaler MAS to Manage and Monitor NetScalers
- Using NetScaler MAS to Manage NetScaler configurations
- MAS analytics
- Frontend Optimization
- TCP/HTTP optimization
- NetScaler Web Logging
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|Guaranteed To Run||Guaranteed To Run|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's