Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration (CXD-210)
About Individual Course:
This Citrix training provide fundamental knowledge of XenDesktop and XenApp needed to be effective with the platform. Therefore, this course caters people with minimal or no knowledge or experience on XenDesktop and XenApp. This course focuses on how to handle, control and setup an extremely accessible environment composing of XenDesktop and XenApp Citrix Receiver, Profile management, controllers, StoreFront and Director. Other details covered in this course are mentioned in the topic outline.
The people willing to acquire knowledge and skill to control, setup and handle XenDesktop and XenApp, which consist of:
This Citrix training will enable the attendees to:
Monitor the view environment patterns and remove the end user session issues using Citrix Director.
Handle end-user session practice by knowing how to operate the Citrix regulations.
For the end users’ information prepare Citrix profile management.
Operate and setup an extremely accessible Citrix StoreFront site.
Use Machine Creation Services (MCS) on Windows Server 2016 and Window 10 for delivering and deploying desktops and apps to end users.
XenDesktop and XenApp features description and structure.
Efficient XenDesktop and XenApp placement.
Learn about and how to operate printing in a XenDesktop and XenApp surroundings.
Learn the working of fundamental protection operations of XenDesktop and XenApp.
For end user access, setup and operate Citrix Receiver.
Setup and operate an extremely accessible XenDesktop and XenApp site.
Like image management solution, know the advantages and variance of provisioning services.
The students must have basic knowledge and experience on how to operate and handle Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016. The student must also have completed the CXA-105 XenApp and XenDesktop Foundations course.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Architectural Overview
- FlexCast models (use cases)
- Connection flow process
- Layered approach methodology
- Hosting platform considerations
Module 2: Initial Requirements and Lab
- Citrix consulting methodology
- Supporting infrastructure requirements
- Supporting infrastructure licensing considerations
- Preparing for Windows 10 and Server 2016 with AppDNA
- Lab environment
Module 3: Installing and Configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Licensing considerations
- Installation and management
- Basic license server troubleshooting
- Delivery Controller role
- The XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Databases and the Local Host Cache (LHC)
Module 4: Provision and Deliver Application and Desktop Resources
- The Virtual Delivery Agent
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning methods and considerations
- Provisioning methods: Machine Creation Services (MCS) in depth
- MCS environment considerations
- Creating resources
Module 5: Providing Access with Citrix StoreFront and Receiver
- StoreFront installation and architecture
- StoreFront authentication services
- Self Service Password Reset
- Citrix Receiver
- Receiver configurations
Module 6: Understanding and Configuring Citrix Policies
- Policies introduction
- Policies for session management
Module 7: Application Presentation and Management
- Application properties
- File-type association
- Workspace Control
- Shortcut placement
- Session Prelaunch and Session Lingering
- Application groups
Module 8: Printing with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Printing introduction
- Print job routing
- Printer driver management
- Citrix Universal Print Driver and Server
Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- User profiles
- Configuring Citrix Profile management
Module 10: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Delegated administration
- Logging and reporting
- Introduction to Zones
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Reboot schedules for the Server VDA
Module 11: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Redundancy
- Component failure review
- Methods of redundancy
- Configuring site and access infrastructure redundancy
Module 12: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Basic Network Security
- Citrix administrator introduction to security considerations
- Certificate authority
- XML service security
- External HDX connection security with NetScaler Gateway
Module 13: Monitoring the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating Director
- Trends and reports
- Alerts and notifications
- Monitoring sessions
- Interacting with sessions
- Network monitoring with HDX Insight
Module 14: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting XenApp and XenDesktop
- Introduction to supporting XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Known issue awareness
- XenApp and XenDesktop Hotfixes and the Long Term Service Release
- Common Troubleshooting Tools
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt