Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
This course is designed for students with little or no previous XenApp or XenDesktop experience. Obtain foundational knowledge of XenApp and XenDesktop required to be successful with the platform. Learn to install, configure, and manage a highly available environment comprised of XenApp and XenDesktop controllers, StoreFront, Citrix Receiver, Director, and Profile management. Refer to the topic outline for a detailed view of topics covered in the course.
Students interested in learning to install, configure, and manage XenApp and XenDesktop including: Administrators, Implementers / Engineers and Architects
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Describe the architecture and communications of XenApp and XenDesktop components
- Understand the prerequisites for a successful XenApp and XenDesktop deployment
- Install and configure a highly available XenApp and XenDesktop site
- Deploy and deliver apps and desktops to end users using Machine Creation Services (MCS) on Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- Understand the differences and benefits of Provisioning Services as an image management solution
- Install and configure a highly available Citrix StoreFront site
- Install and configure Citrix Receiver for end user access
- Set up Citrix Profile management for end user data
- Understand and configure printing within a XenApp and XenDesktop environment
- Understand and configure Citrix policies for managing end-user session experience
- Understand how to configure basic security features of XenApp and XenDesktop
- Use Citrix Director to monitor and troubleshoot end user sessions and view environment trends
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students prepare for this course by taking the following course:
- CXA-105 XenApp and XenDesktop Foundations
It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Familiarity with how to navigate and use Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Architectural Overview
- FlexCast models (use cases)
- Connection flow process
- Layered approach methodology
- Hosting platform considerations
Module 2: Initial Requirements and Lab
- Citrix consulting methodology
- Supporting infrastructure requirements
- Supporting infrastructure licensing considerations
- Preparing for Windows 10 and Server 2016 with AppDNA
- Lab environment
Module 3: Installing and Configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Licensing considerations
- Installation and management
- Basic license server troubleshooting
- Delivery Controller role
- The XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Databases and the Local Host Cache (LHC)
Module 4: Provision and Deliver Application and Desktop Resources
- The Virtual Delivery Agent
- Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Provisioning methods and considerations
- Provisioning methods: Machine Creation Services (MCS) in depth
- MCS environment considerations
- Creating resources
Module 5: Providing Access with Citrix StoreFront and Receiver
- StoreFront installation and architecture
- StoreFront authentication services
- Self Service Password Reset
- Citrix Receiver
- Receiver configurations
Module 6: Understanding and Configuring Citrix Policies
- Policies introduction
- Policies for session management
Module 7: Application Presentation and Management
- Application properties
- File-type association
- Workspace Control
- Shortcut placement
- Session Prelaunch and Session Lingering
- Application groups
Module 8: Printing with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Printing introduction
- Print job routing
- Printer driver management
- Citrix Universal Print Driver and Server
Module 9: Citrix Profile Management
- User profiles
- Configuring Citrix Profile management
Module 10: Managing the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Delegated administration
- Logging and reporting
- Introduction to Zones
- Introduction to PowerShell
- Reboot schedules for the Server VDA
Module 11: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Redundancy
- Component failure review
- Methods of redundancy
- Configuring site and access infrastructure redundancy
Module 12: XenApp and XenDesktop Site Basic Network Security
- Citrix administrator introduction to security considerations
- Certificate authority
- XML service security
- External HDX connection security with NetScaler Gateway
Module 13: Monitoring the XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating Director
- Trends and reports
- Alerts and notifications
- Monitoring sessions
- Interacting with sessions
- Network monitoring with HDX Insight
Module 14: Introduction to Supporting and Troubleshooting XenApp and XenDesktop
- Introduction to supporting XenApp and XenDesktop Site
- Known issue awareness
- XenApp and XenDesktop Hotfixes and the Long Term Service Release
- Common Troubleshooting Tools
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|Guaranteed To Run||Guaranteed To Run|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's