Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
This course is designed for students with previous experience with XenApp and XenDesktop pursuing to further their expertise with additional components and concepts. This course is ideal for students interested in getting more value out of their XenApp and XenDesktop investment through the use of Workspace Environment Management, Provisioning Services, Application Layering, and advanced troubleshooting tools. Students will also focus on additional use cases leveraging FMA zones and advanced StoreFront configurations to provide a more robust experience to a mobile workforce.
Students will learn the skills required to be more efficient with XenApp and XenDesktop and be able to leverage more functionality through additional components. A deeper understanding of troubleshooting tools will help student be self-sufficient with solving issues and identifying root cause. Through Workspace Environment Management students will learn to improve logon times, user personalization, and resource performance to provide a better experience while minimizing resource requirements. Using App Layering students will learn to more optimize management of applications and images by combining layers to support end users.
Students will install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot Provisioning Services. The course will focus on leading practices, design considerations, and optimizations in setting up Provisioning Services for optimal resource consumption and performance.
Experienced IT professionals working with XenApp and XenDesktop. Potential students include administrators, engineers, and architects responsible for the end user workspace, provisioning services environment, and overall health and performance.
Upon successful completion of this course, learners are able to:
- Configure Workspace Environment Management to improve the end user environment and virtual resource consumption
- Understand FMA Zones and how to account for user and desktop locations and optimal connection and registration
- Configure and manage App Layering with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Understand and configure HDX channels and protocols for improved performance delivering multimedia and data over network connections.
- Understand user connection flows and tools to better troubleshoot end user issues
- Understand Provisioning Services architecture
- Install and configure Provisioning Services for use with XenApp and XenDesktop
- Manage vDisks, Target Devices, and data with Provisioning Services
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students prepare for this course by taking the one of the following courses:
- CXD-210 Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.1x Administration
It is also recommended to gain a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Familiarity with how to navigate and use Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Workspace Environment Management (WEM)
- Introduction to WEM
- Installation and configuration
Module 2: Intermediate FlexCast Management Architecture (FMA)
- FMA Services
- SQL database connectivity and security
- Zones in FMA
Module 3: The Virtual Desktop Agent (VDA)
- VDA registration in a multi zone environment
- VDA connection security
- Workspace Environment Management VDA agent
Module 4: App Layering
- App Layering architecture
- Configuring and assigning app layers
- Managing app layers
Module 5: User Environment
- Optimizing session machines with WEM
- Zone Preference
- User Profile Management with WEM
Module 6: StoreFront Optimization and Routing
- User experience optimizations
- Optimal Gateway routing and Zones
- Subscription Store
Module 7: HDX and Multimedia
- Enlightened Data Protocol (EDT)
- HDX virtual channel architecture
- Multimedia delivery and redirection
- Delivering Skype for Business with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 8: Supporting and Troubleshooting
- User connection issues
- Always on tracing
- Troubleshooting tools
Module 9: Advanced Provisioning with Provisioning Services
- Getting started with Provisioning Services
- Provisioning Services Architecture
Module 10: Provisioning Services Infrastructure
- The PVS server role
- The Farm database
- The vDisk Store
Module 11: Streaming the vDisk
- Introduction to vDisks
- Machine preparation
- Streaming vDisks
- Boot methods
Module 12: Target Devices
- Introduction to target devices
- Data I/O
- Handling persistent and non-persistent data
Module 13: Integrating Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
- XenDesktop Setup Wizard
- Device Collections
- Published Apps and Desktops
- Using Provisioning Services with XenApp and XenDesktop
Module 14: Provisioning Services Redundancy
- Farm component redundancy
- Store redundancy
- Database redundancy
Module 15: Supporting Provisioning Services
- Performing updates
- Auditing and support
- vDisk imagining
- Migrating vDisk images
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|Guaranteed To Run||Guaranteed To Run|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's