Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Advanced Concepts - Optimizing the End User Experience (CTX-CXD-301)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course students will learn how to optimize an environment to deliver a great user experience. Starting with the user device and Citrix Receiver, the course covers advanced deployment and configuration options to optimize the delivery of their apps and desktops. Students continue with enhancing the StoreFront experience through custom branding and advanced customization options. Finally, course attendees will learn how to optimize the VDA for a better experience including faster logons, HDX graphics tuning, multimedia, and additional configurations for double hop HDX connections.
Although many options exists for deploying and configuring a XenApp and XenDesktop solution, this course focuses on the aspects of the solution that impact the user workflow and user experience. The recommended configurations taught in this course are based on real world experience of Citrix Consulting architects and consultants working with customers worldwide to streamline the user experience and optimize for complex scenarios.
The average salary for Citrix Engineer is $107,109 per year.
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Configure advanced customizations to StoreFront by modifying configuration files
- Configure resource filtering using keywords with StoreFront
- Configure a seamless experience for new users with Citrix Receiver
- Optimize the logon experience through Citrix Profile Manager and HDX settings
- Identify and configure the proper HDX graphics delivery method based on the user and device
- Extract HDX session information to validate graphics settings
- Configure HDX policies to ensure an interactive experience under limited bandwidth or CPU
- Optimize the experience for delivering applications over a double hop HDX connection
This course is recommended for those who are interested in learning how to optimize the end-user experience through policies and customizations. Specifically:
- Implementers / Engineers
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- Intermediate understanding of XenApp and/or XenDesktop 7.x
- Intermediate understanding of StoreFront 3.x (StoreFront 2.x is adequate)
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Familiarity with Windows Server 2012 R2
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Understanding User Experience Issues
- Module 2: Configuring a Seamless Receiver
- Module 3: Customizing the StoreFront Experience
- Module 4: Optimizing the Logon Process
- Module 5: Optimizing HDX Graphics
- Module 6: Delivering Multimedia
- Module 7: Configuring for Double Hop HDX Connection
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's