Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop Fast Track (CTX-CMB-207I)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Citrix Desktop Virtualization course covers select content from training courses CXA-206I and CXD-202I and provides the foundation necessary for students to effectively centralize and manage desktops and applications in the datacenter and deliver them as a service to users anywhere. Students will learn how to build XenApp and XenDesktop environments; assign virtual desktops; deliver published resources and printers to users; use policies to customize farm settings and the user experience; and administer the environments. In addition, students will learn how to build a Provisioning services farm to enable single-image desktop management.
This accelerated offering includes a skills update to the features and functionality of XenApp 6.5, plus the following key XenDesktop learning€™s:
- Install and configure XenDesktop
- Manage desktop catalogs and groups
- Stream desktop to virtual and physical machines
- Administer Provisioning Services components
- Deliver local VM desktops
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have a basic understanding of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 and Remote Desktop Services
- Network and storage devices, device drivers, and operating systems
- Networking concepts, such as DNS, DHCP, IIS, load balancing, and file and printing services
- Active Directory and group policy
- Server, desktop, and application virtualization concepts
- Citrix XenApp
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Citrix XenApp 6.5 Topics
- Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
- Module 2: Introducing Basic Administration for Citrix XenApp 6
- Module 3: Licensing XenApp
- Module 4: Installing XenApp
- Module 5: Configuring XenApp Administration
- Module 6: Installing and Configuring Web Interface
- Module 7: Delivering Applications and Content
- Module 8: Streaming Applications
- Module 9: Configuring Policies
- Module 10: Configuring Load Management
- Module 11: Optimizing the User Experience
- Module 12: Configuring Self-Service Applications
- Module 13: Configuring Printing
- Module 14: Securing XenApp
- Module 15: Monitoring XenApp
- Module 16: Additional Components
Citrix XenDesktop 5 Topics
- Module 1: Introduction and Course Overview
- Module 2: Introducing XenDesktop
- Module 3: Configuring the Hypervisor for Desktop Delivery
- Module 4: Installing and Configuring XenDesktop
- Module 5: Managing Desktop Catalogs and Groups
- Module 6: Customizing the User Experience
- Module 7: Monitoring XenDesktop Sites
- Module 8: Streaming Desktops to Virtual and Physical Machines
- Module 9: Creating a Shared vDisk
- Module 10: Administering Provisioning Services Components
- Module 11: Delivering Local VM Desktops
- Module 12: XenDesktop 5.5 New Features
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's