CompTIA Cloud Overview
- Learning Style
- Course Duration
Select A Class Schedule
This course is geared towards IT professionals currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners or analysts. This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing.
Self-Paced Learning Outline
- 1.1 Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
- 1.2 Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
- 1.3 Name early examples of cloud computing.
- 1.4 Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
- 1.5 Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.6 Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
- 1.7 Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
- 2.1 Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
- 2.2 Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
- 2.3 Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
- 3.1 Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
- 3.2 Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
- 3.3 Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
- 3.4 Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
- 4.1 Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
- 4.2 Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
- 4.3 Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant for realizing cloud benefits.
- 4.4 Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
- 5.1 Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
- 5.2 Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
- 6.1 Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organizationÃ¢Â€Â™s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
- 6.2 Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
- 6.3 Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility.
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||7 Hours|