FastTrack: CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) (CompTiaSec-SY0-501) (CompTiaSec_SY0-501-BC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501) is the primary course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. You can also take this course to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. In this course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
This course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-501) certification examination, this course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today's job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
- A+ Network+ and Security+ Certification Boot Camp (COMP-A+NET+SEC+)
- Network+ and Security+ Certification Boot Camp (COMP-NET+SEC+)
The average salary for an Comptia Certified Information Security Analyst $69,872 per year.
In this course, you will implement information security across a variety of different contexts.
- Identify the fundamental components of information security.
- Analyze risk.
- Identify various threats to information security.
- Conduct security assessments to detect vulnerabilities.
- Implement security for hosts and software.
- Implement security for networks.
- Manage identity and access.
- Implement cryptographic solutions in the organization.
- Implement security at the operational level.
- Address security incidents.
- Ensure the continuity of business operations in the event of an incident.
This course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows®-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as macOS®, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; preparing for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or using Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles.
To ensure your success in this course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Identifying Security Fundamentals
- Lesson A: Identify Information Security Concepts
- Lesson B: Identify Basic Security Controls
- Lesson C: Identify Basic Authentication and Authorization Concepts
- Lesson D: Identify Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Analyzing Risk
- Lesson A: Analyze Organizational Risk
- Lesson B: Analyze the Business Impact of Risk
Module 3: Identifying Security Threats
- Lesson A: Identify Types of Attackers
- Lesson B: Identify Social Engineering Attacks
- Lesson C: Identify Malware
- Lesson D: Identify Software-Based Threats
- Lesson E: Identify Network-Based Threats
- Lesson F: Identify Wireless Threats
- Lesson G: Identify Physical Threats
Module 4: Conducting Security Assessments
- Lesson A: Identify Vulnerabilities
- Lesson B: Assess Vulnerabilities
- Lesson C: Implement Penetration Testing
Module 5: Implementing Host and Software Security
- Lesson A: Implement Host Security
- Lesson B: Implement Cloud and Virtualization Security
- Lesson C: Implement Mobile Device Security
- Lesson D: Incorporate Security in the Software Development Lifecycle
Module 6: Implementing Network Security
- Lesson A: Configure Network Security Technologies
- Lesson B: Secure Network Design Elements
- Lesson C: Implement Secure Networking Protocols and Services
- Lesson D: Secure Wireless Traffic
Module 7: Managing Identity and Access
- Lesson A: Implement Identity and Access Management
- Lesson B: Configure Directory Services
- Lesson C: Configure Access Services
- Lesson D: Manage Accounts
Module 8: Implementing Cryptography
- Lesson A: Identify Advanced Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson B: Select Cryptographic Algorithms
- Lesson C: Configure a Public Key Infrastructure
- Lesson D: Enroll Certificates
- Lesson E: Back Up and Restore Certificates and Private Keys
- Lesson F: Revoke Certificates
Module 9: Implementing Operational Security
- Lesson A: Evaluate Security Frameworks and Guidelines
- Lesson B: Incorporate Documentation in Operational Security
- Lesson C: Implement Security Strategies
- Lesson D: Manage Data Security Processes
- Lesson E: Implement Physical Controls
Module 10: Addressing Security Incidents
- Lesson A: Troubleshoot Common Security Issues
- Lesson B: Respond to Security Incidents
- Lesson C: Investigate Security Incidents
Module 11: Ensuring Business Continuity
- Lesson A: Select Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Processes
- Lesson B: Develop a Business Continuity Plan
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to CompTIA® Security+® (Exam SY0-501)
Appendix B: Linux Essentials
Appendix C: Log File Essentials
Appendix D: Programming Essentials
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's