Configuring Data Center Unified Computing (CS-DCUCS)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course prepares individuals for implementing and maintaining Cisco UCS hardware with a strong emphasis on best practices. The Configuring Data Center Unified Computing course also addresses relevant additional features added by Version 2.1 Cisco UCS Software Release.
The average salary for Cisco Systems Data Center Technician is $77,670 per year
- Describe the Cisco UCS architecture
- Describe Cisco UCS LAN connectivity configuration
- Describe Cisco UCS B-Series SAN connectivity configuration
- Describe how to configure and manage the servers within Cisco UCS
- Describe how to configure Cisco UCS virtualization
- Describe how to configure Cisco UCS administration
- Describe Cisco UCS C-Series features
- The primary audience includes data center engineers, data center administrators, and system engineers.
- The secondary audience includes data center managers, network engineers, and consulting system engineers.
- The tertiary audience includes data center architects, network managers, and program and project managers.
- General knowledge of servers
- Routing and switching knowledge
- Storage area networking knowledge
- Server virtualization knowledge
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Describing Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Server Hardware Components
- The Logical View of the Cisco UCS Architecture
- Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco UCS Central Software
- Cisco UCS 5100 Series Blade Server Chassis
- Cisco UCS B-Series Components
- Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
- Cisco UCS B-Series Power Requirements
- How to Determine Supported Configurations
Module 2: Describing Cisco UCS User Interfaces
- Cisco UCS Manager GUI
- Cisco UCS Manager Navigation Panel
- The External Management Framework
- The Finite State Machine
- Fault Detection and Correction Using the Cisco UCS Manager
- How to Connect to Cisco UCS Manager CLI Shells
Module 3: Describe how to configure Cisco UCS B-Series physical connectivity
- Cisco UCS Cluster Connection Requirements
- Initial Cisco Fabric Interconnect Cluster Setup
- Modify Cisco UCS Cluster IP Addressing from the GUI
- The Discovery Process and Monitoring Using FSM Output
- I/O Uplinks and Bandwidth Oversubscription with the Cisco UCS 2204/2208XP
- Intercluster Communications and Synchronization of the Cisco UCS Manager Database
- How the Cisco UCS 5108 SEEPROM Resolves Split-Brain Issues in the High-Availability Cluster
Hands On Labs
- Lab 1-1: Initial Cisco UCS Configuration
- Lab 1-2: Explore the Cisco UCS Manager GUI
- Lab 1-3: Configure RBAC
- Lab 2-1: Configure System Related Policies and Uplink Port Properties
- Lab 2-2: Configure LAN Related Pools and Policies
- Lab 3-1: Configure SAN Connectivity
- Lab 3-2: Configure SAN Identity Pools and Templates
- Lab 4-1: Configure Server-Related Features and Renaming a Service Profile
- Lab 4-2: Configure a Service Profile that Boots from iSCSI LUN
- Lab 5-1: Configure VM-FEX Passthrough Switching
- Lab 6-1: Back Up and Import the System Configuration
- Lab 7-1: Configure Server Settings with the Integrated Management Controller GUI
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's