Delivering a Relational Data Warehouse
|BUY INDIVIDUALLY||BUY AS SUBSCRIPTION|
About Individual Course:
When you subscribe, you get:
Learn Subscription Plan gives you access to this course, PLUS:
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99
Now Only $14.99 Regular Price $24.99/ Month
ABOUT THIS COURSE
This computer science course from Microsoft provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to design, implement, and load a relational data warehouse. In this four week course, you’ll learn how to analyze business requirements, design dimension and fact tables, index and partition the data for performance, and create ETL solutions for ongoing loading of the warehouse.
This course is taught with short-form lectures, demonstrations, and interviews with industry experts. Quizzes and hands-on labs, using Microsoft SQL Server 2016 and Azure SQL Database, will help to reinforce your knowledge, practice skills, and solve problems.
Note: To complete the hands-on elements in this course, you will require an Azure subscription and a Windows, Linux, or Mac OS X client computer. You can sign up for a free Azure trial subscription (a valid credit card is required for verification, but you will not be charged for Azure services). Note that the free trial is not available in all regions. It is possible to complete the course and earn a certificate without completing the hands-on practices.
- Map business reporting requirements to logical data entities
- Design dimension and fact tables in a star schema
- Indexing and partitioning strategies to provide performance and scale
- Load the data warehouse with Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) techniques
- Familiarity with database concepts and basic SQL query syntax
- Familiarity with business uses of databases, such as reports and dashboards
- A willingness to learn actively and persevere when troubleshooting technical problems is essential
Self-Paced Learning Outline
Module 1 - Introducing the Data Warehouse
- Lesson 1 - The Business Case for a Data Warehouse
- Lesson 2 - Planning for a Data Warehouse
- Lesson 3 - Exploring Data Warehouse Architectures
- Module 1 Quiz
Module 2 - Designing a Relational Data Warehouse Schema
- Lesson 4 - Designing Dimension Tables
- Lesson 5 - Designing Fact Tables
- Lesson 6 - Exploring Additional Schema Design Concepts
- Lab - Designing a Relational Data Warehouse Schema
- Module 2 Quiz
Module 3 - Optimizing a Data Warehouse for Scale and Performance
- Lesson 7 - Designing a Physical Database Architecture
- Lesson 8 - Improving Query Performance
- Lesson 9 - Improving Operational Performance
- Lab - Optimizing a Data Warehouse for Scale and Performance
- Module 3 Quiz
Module 4 - Loading and Maintaining a Data Warehouse
- Lesson 10 - Designing an Enterprise Information Management Strategy
- Lesson 11 - Designing an Extract, Transform, and Load Process
- Lesson 12 - Exploring Additional ETL Design Concepts
- Lab - Loading and Maintaining a Data Warehouse
- Module 4 Quiz
Course Final Exam
- Final Exam
|Learning Style||Self-Paced Learning|
|Course Duration||24 Hours|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt