Deploy and Manage XenApp/XenDesktop 7.6 Fast Track (CTX-CMB-300)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course provides students an accelerated path to obtain the skills required to successfully deploy and support a complete Citrix hosted application and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment.
Throughout this course, students will learn how to configure an environment that includes the following Citrix components: XenApp and XenDesktop, XenServer, Citrix License Server, MCS, Provisioning Services (PVS), Personal vDisk, StoreFront, NetScaler (including NetScaler Gateway), and Citrix Receiver. Upon course completion, students will be able to build a XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 environment from scratch, test the implementation to ensure that all components work as expected, and successfully manage, monitor, and troubleshoot a XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 solution.
The average salary for Citrix Administrator is $73,841 per year
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Understand the XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 architecture, components, and communication
- Set up the hypervisor
- Set up and manage the XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 infrastructure
- Create and manage machine catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Configure and manage StoreFront
- Configure and manage policies and end-user profiles
- Manage sessions, sites, and end users with Director
- Manage printing
- Set up and Manage Provisioning Services
- Validate the Implementation
- Set up NetScaler to provide external access to XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 resources
- Built for IT Professionals who are looking to gain hands-on experience with installing, configuring, and managing hosted application and desktop virtualization solutions. Upon completion, students will have the skills required to successfully deploy and support XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 solutions.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, specifically:
- Active Directory
- Groups and User Accounts
- Organizational Units
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 user interfaces
- Basic storage knowledge (manage existing storage types, add new storage)
- Basics of Citrix licensing
- Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
- Basic understanding of the different types of profiles (local, roaming, mandatory)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Understanding the XenApp and XenDesktop Architecture
- Module 2: Hypervisor Considerations
- Module 3: Infrastructure Considerations and Setup
- Module 4: Setting Up Citrix Components
- Module 5: Setting Up XenApp and XenDesktop Resources
- Module 6: Managing Policies and Profiles
- Module 7: Managing Printing
- Module 8: Setting Up and Managing Provisioning Services
- Module 9: Managing and Monitoring Sessions, Sites, and End Users with Director
- Module 10: Setting Up NetScaler
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days