Deploying and Administering Ciscos Digital Network Architecture (DNA) and Intelligent WAN (IWAN) (DNADDC)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Deploying and Administering Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) and Intelligent WAN (iWAN) is a 5-day course designed for network administrator and technical personnel involved in designing, implementing, operating and optimizing Wide Area Networks based on Cisco’s Intelligent WAN (iWAN) principles, technologies and features. It enables learners to understand how iWAN solves many challenges related to today’s branch office deployments and what the main components of iWAN are, including Transport Independent WAN connectivity (IPSec DMVPN and MPLS), Intelligent Path Control (with performance routing), Application Optimization (with AVC and WAAS) and Secure Connectivity (Strong encryption, firewalls, CWS). As part of iWAN deployment, participants will be faced with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller - Enterprise Module or APIC-EM, as a management platform and automation tool.
At the beginning of the course, students will review Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture or DNA as open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies enterprise network operations. DNA, as a programmable architecture frees IT staff from time consuming, repetitive network configurations tasks, so they can focus instead on innovation that positively transforms their business. Relationships between DNA and iWAN will be discussed in the course. Labs are built using the latest platform versions and related architecture components including ISR, ASR, IOS XE, WAVE, vWAAS, APIC-EM, AppNav, etc.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Know and understand Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture concepts, features, benefits, terminology and main components, and the way this architecture innovates common administrative tasks on today’s networks.
- Understand today’s Brach Office challenges and how iWAN helps to solve them.
- Describe four main pillars and components of Cisco Intelligent WAN (iWAN).
- Explain Transport Independent Design, the various connectivity options and the way they are configured.
- Understand Intelligent Path Control, explaining how performance routing is different from traditional destination based routing, routing protocol support and configuration tasks.
- Describe the importance of Application Visibility to know behavior, resources usage and performance statistics as a basis for QoS Policy design and deployment.
- Use WAAS for application performance optimization and better WAN resource usage.
- Know main elements to guarantee IWAN Secure Connectivity, including Strong Encryption, Zone based Firewall and CWS.
- Understand how Cisco’s APIC-EM helps administrator automate deployment, administration and compliance checking for network policies end-to-end, hiding complexity of managing individual network devices.
- IP network designers
- IP network administrators
- system engineers
- NOC personnel and technical support personnel involved in IWAN and DNA deployment and administration
The recommended knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Knowledge level equivalent to Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching (CCNP Preferred)
- Basic to intermediate Knowledge on tunnels, VPN’s and DMVPN
- A good understanding of QoS basics
- Basic knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS, IOS XE and CLI
- Basic knowledge on device and network virtualization
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA)
- Guiding Principles
- Main Components and Functions
- DNA Automation and Management: APIC-EM
- DNA Virtualization: NFV and Cisco IOS XE
- DNA Analytics: CMX
- DNA Security: TrustSec, ISE, StealthWatch
Module 2: Intelligent WAN (iWAN) General Overview and Main Components
- Today’s branch office challenges
- iWAN as a solution for branch office connectivity
- iWAN’s building blocks
- Transport Independent Design
- Intelligent Path Control
- Application Performance Optimization
- Secure Connectivity
- iWAN Management
Module 3: Implementing Transport Independent Design
- IP Connectivity as transport independent option
- MPLS Connectivity as transport independent option
- IP-MPLS connectivity options for headquarter and branch
- GRE Point to Point and Multipoint tunnels
- DMVPN overview
- DMVPN Phases
- Front Door VRF
- Unicast traffic over DMVPN
- Multicast traffic over DMVPN
- DMVPN sample configurations
Module 4: Implementing Intelligent Path Control with Performance Routing (PfR)
- Performance routing overview
- Device Components and Roles
- Hub Master Controller
- Hub Border Routers
- Transit Master Controller
- Transit Border Router
- Branch Routers
- Differences between PfRv2 and PfRv3
- PfR Policies
- Enterprise Domain Provisioning
- Topology Discovery
- Collecting Performance Metrics
- Path Enforcement
- Enterprise Deployment
- Monitoring (site prefixes, traffic classes, load balance)
Module 5: Implementing AVC for Application Visibility and Adding Hierarchical QoS (HQoS)
- Collecting Performance Metrics
- Collecting Traffic Statistics
- Application Response Time
- Media Monitoring
- Netflow and IPFIX
- Adding Hierarchical Quality of Service (HQoS)
Module 6: Cisco Wide-Area Application Services
- Introducing Cisco WAAS
- Identify Platforms and deployment options
- Implementing Cisco Central Management
- Installing and Configuring the Virtual Environment
- Installing and Configuring Cisco vWAAS
- Configuring Application Traffic Policies
- Configuring Cisco vWAAS Virtualization
Module 7: Cisco APPNAV
- APPNAV overview
- Installing APPNAV Controllers
- APPNAV-XE Controller Configuration
- Monitoring the APPNAV Controller
Module 8: IWAN Secure Connectivity
- Secure Connectivity Overview
- Securing the WAN Transport
- Secure Direct Internet Access
- Full Services Direct Internet Access
- Direct Internet Access Use Case Scenarios
- Cisco Trustsec in Branch
- Secure Connectivity IWAN Customer Scenario
Module 9: Cisco APIC-EM for Management and Automation
- APIC-EM overview
- APIC-EM features and benefits
- APIC-EM supported platforms and software release
- APIC-EM licensing Model
- APIC-EM Hardware&Software requirements (for installation – virtual appliance)
- APIC-EM GUI and navigation
- Main operations
Module 10: Implementing UCS-E and Cloud Connectors
- Cisco Cloud Connectors
- Third-Party Cloud Connectors
- Cisco Akamai Solutions
- Familiarizing with lab topology and completing initial setup
- Configuring Transport Independent Design using DMVPN
- Configuring and Performing Application Visibility and reviewing results
- Applying Application Optimization with QoS Controls (HQoS)
- Performing Intelligent Path Control Using PfR
- Installing and Configuring Cisco vWAAS and WAAS Central Manager
- Improving application performance with WAAS
- Managing IWAN with APIC-EM
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's