Deploying and Administering Ciscos Digital Network Architecture (DNA) and Intelligent WAN (IWAN) (DNADDC)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Deploying and Administering Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA) and Intelligent WAN (iWAN) is a course lasting five days that is intended for network administrators and technical personnel whose job it is to design, implement, operate, and optimize Wide Area Networks (WANs) based on Cisco’s Intelligent WAN (iWAN) principles, technologies and features. This course would assist learners in understanding how iWAN solves a wide variety of challenges related to modern branch office deployments and breaks down the main components of the iWAN, such as Transport Independent WAN connectivity (IPSec DMVPN and MPLS), Intelligent Path Control (with performance routing), Application Optimization (with AVC and WAAS) and Secure Connectivity (Strong encryption, firewalls, CWS). As part of iWAN deployment, learners will be faced with Application Policy Infrastructure Controller - Enterprise Module or APIC-EM, as a management platform and automation tool.
At the start of this course, students will review Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture or DNA as open and extensible, software-driven architecture that accelerates and simplifies enterprise network operations. DNA, as a programmable architecture, saves IT staff from time consuming, repetitive network configurations tasks, so they can instead focus on innovation that positively transforms their business. Relationships between DNA and iWAN will be discussed in the course as well. Labs are built using the latest platform versions and related architecture components including ISR, ASR, IOS XE, WAVE, vWAAS, APIC-EM, AppNav, etc.
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Administrator is $84,000 per year.
Upon completing this course, the student will:
Have full knowledge and completely understand Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture concepts, be well-versed in its features, benefits, jargon, and integral components, and understand how this architecture innovates common administration tasks for modern networks
Use WAAS for the optimization and improvement of application performance and WAN resource usage.
Understand modern branch office challenges and the ways in which iWAN assists in solving them.
Describe components of Cisco Intelligent WAN (iWAN), and the importance of Application Visibility to know behavior, resources usage and performance statistics as a basis for QoS Policy design and deployment.
Learn about Transport Independent Design, the various connectivity options and the methods in which they can be configured.
Recognize main elements that guarantee IWAN Secure Connectivity, including Strong Encryption, Zone based Firewall and CWS.
Comprehend how Cisco’s APIC-EM helps the administrator automate deployment, administration and compliance checking for network policies end-to-end, hiding complexity of managing individual network devices.
Understand Intelligent Path Control and explain how performance routing is different from traditional destination based routing, routing protocol support and configuration tasks.
The intended audiences for this course are:
IP network designers
IP network administrators
NOC personnel and technical support personnel involved in IWAN and DNA deployment and administration
Before undertaking this course, it is recommended that the learner have the following knowledge and skills:
Knowledge level equivalent to Cisco CCNA Routing & Switching (CCNP Preferred)
Basic to intermediate Knowledge on tunnels, VPN’s and DMVPN
A good understanding of QoS basics
Basic knowledge and experience with Cisco IOS, IOS XE and CLI
Basic knowledge on device and network virtualization
Suggested prerequisite courses:
CS-CCNA Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching Training Boot Camp v3.0 (CS-CCNA)
NX-OS for Data Center Systems IOS Administrators (DCNXA)
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1: Cisco’s Digital Network Architecture (DNA)
- Guiding Principles
- Main Components and Functions
- DNA Automation and Management: APIC-EM
- DNA Virtualization: NFV and Cisco IOS XE
- DNA Analytics: CMX
- DNA Security: TrustSec, ISE, StealthWatch
Module 2: Intelligent WAN (iWAN) General Overview and Main Components
- Today’s branch office challenges
- iWAN as a solution for branch office connectivity
- iWAN’s building blocks
- Transport Independent Design
- Intelligent Path Control
- Application Performance Optimization
- Secure Connectivity
- iWAN Management
Module 3: Implementing Transport Independent Design
- IP Connectivity as transport independent option
- MPLS Connectivity as transport independent option
- IP-MPLS connectivity options for headquarter and branch
- GRE Point to Point and Multipoint tunnels
- DMVPN overview
- DMVPN Phases
- Front Door VRF
- Unicast traffic over DMVPN
- Multicast traffic over DMVPN
- DMVPN sample configurations
Module 4: Implementing Intelligent Path Control with Performance Routing (PfR)
- Performance routing overview
- Device Components and Roles
- Hub Master Controller
- Hub Border Routers
- Transit Master Controller
- Transit Border Router
- Branch Routers
- Differences between PfRv2 and PfRv3
- PfR Policies
- Enterprise Domain Provisioning
- Topology Discovery
- Collecting Performance Metrics
- Path Enforcement
- Enterprise Deployment
- Monitoring (site prefixes, traffic classes, load balance)
Module 5: Implementing AVC for Application Visibility and Adding Hierarchical QoS (HQoS)
- Collecting Performance Metrics
- Collecting Traffic Statistics
- Application Response Time
- Media Monitoring
- Netflow and IPFIX
- Adding Hierarchical Quality of Service (HQoS)
Module 6: Cisco Wide-Area Application Services
- Introducing Cisco WAAS
- Identify Platforms and deployment options
- Implementing Cisco Central Management
- Installing and Configuring the Virtual Environment
- Installing and Configuring Cisco vWAAS
- Configuring Application Traffic Policies
- Configuring Cisco vWAAS Virtualization
Module 7: Cisco APPNAV
- APPNAV overview
- Installing APPNAV Controllers
- APPNAV-XE Controller Configuration
- Monitoring the APPNAV Controller
Module 8: IWAN Secure Connectivity
- Secure Connectivity Overview
- Securing the WAN Transport
- Secure Direct Internet Access
- Full Services Direct Internet Access
- Direct Internet Access Use Case Scenarios
- Cisco Trustsec in Branch
- Secure Connectivity IWAN Customer Scenario
Module 9: Cisco APIC-EM for Management and Automation
- APIC-EM overview
- APIC-EM features and benefits
- APIC-EM supported platforms and software release
- APIC-EM licensing Model
- APIC-EM Hardware&Software requirements (for installation – virtual appliance)
- APIC-EM GUI and navigation
- Main operations
Module 10: Implementing UCS-E and Cloud Connectors
- Cisco Cloud Connectors
- Third-Party Cloud Connectors
- Cisco Akamai Solutions
- Familiarizing with lab topology and completing initial setup
- Configuring Transport Independent Design using DMVPN
- Configuring and Performing Application Visibility and reviewing results
- Applying Application Optimization with QoS Controls (HQoS)
- Performing Intelligent Path Control Using PfR
- Installing and Configuring Cisco vWAAS and WAAS Central Manager
- Improving application performance with WAAS
- Managing IWAN with APIC-EM
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt