Deploying App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 (CTX-CXD-300.1)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
5 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
This course provides students with the skills required to successfully deploy a complete Citrix hosted application and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. Throughout this course, students will learn how to configure an environment that includes the following Citrix components: XenServer, XenDesktop, Citrix License Server, MCS, PVS, Personal vDisk, StoreFront, NetScaler (ICA Proxy, Load Balancing, Endpoint Analysis), and Citrix Receiver. Upon course completion, students will be able to build a XenDesktop 7.6 environment from scratch and test the implementation to ensure that all components work as expected and that both internal and external end users can access XenDesktop resources successfully.
The average salary for Citrix Architect is $121,400 per year
After completing this course students will be able to:
- Set up the hypervisor
- Set up the infrastructure components
- Set up XenDesktop 7.6 components
- Configure XenDesktop 7.6 resources (Server OS machines, hosted applications, and Desktop OS machines)
- Configure profiles and policies
- Set up Provisioning Services
- Validate the implementation
- Set up NetScaler to provide external access to XenDesktop 7.6 resources
- This course is recommended for solution designers such as Architects, Consultants, and Engineers.
Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that students have:
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
Experience with Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2, specifically:
- Active Directory
- Remote Desktop Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Performance Monitoring
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
Completion of the following course or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXD-102 Introduction t
- Citrix XenDesktop 7
- CXD-204 Getting Started with Citrix XenDesktop 7
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Understanding the XenDesktop Architecture
- Module 2: Setting Up the Hyperviso
- Module 3: Setting Up the Infrastructure Components
- Module 4: Setting Up Citrix Components
- Module 5: Setting Up XenDesktop Resources
- Module 6: Setting Up Policies
- Module 7: Setting Up Provisioning Services
- Module 8: Preparing the Environment for Rollout
- Module 9: Setting Up NetScaler
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
- Virtual Classroom
- 5 Days