Deploying Cisco Basic Wireless LANs v1.x (WDBWL)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
In this course, you will learn about pre-deployment planning considerations, configuration of autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures, configuration of all base features, including wireless security, the administration of the WLAN network, and maintenance and troubleshooting wireless network issues. The course is written at software code level 7.5. This course provides high-level information about the optional but recommended network management and services appliance components of a Cisco Unified Wireless Network - the Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI), and Mobility Services Engine (MSE)—but does not provide hands-on labs and in-depth coverage of these components. The Cisco management platform and MSE are covered in more depth in a separate course, Managing Cisco Wireless LANs (WMNGI).
The average salary for Cisco Systems Network Consulting Engineer is $112,842 per year.
- Successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment
- Configure autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures
- Configure all base feature sets, including wireless security
- Administer the WLAN network
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic wireless networks
- Channel Field Engineers
- Cisco Network Consulting Engineers
- New Unified Commutations Partners
- Customer Network Engineers
- Anyone interested in the Cisco Unified Wireless Network solution that have a strong data-networking background who will be responsible for the planning, deploying and managing advanced functions of an enterprise WLAN using lightweight access points with controllers
- Prior completion of the Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials eLearning course
- Click on the above link to sign up for the WLE course
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, TCP/IP, bridging, routing protocol, and VLAN operation
- Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent work experience
- Basic Microsoft Windows, Windows networking, and Internet browser navigation skills
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module 1 - Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials Refresher
- Lesson 1: High level review of prerequisite course - Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials
Module 2 - Pre-Deployment Planning
- Lesson 1: Successful Wireless Deployments and Pre-deployment Planning
- Lesson 2: Cisco WLAN Professional Services
- Lesson 3: Spectrum Expert
- Lesson 4: PI Planning tools
Module 3 - Autonomous Deployments
- Lesson 1: Easy Setup GUI Interface
- Lesson 2: Basic Setup via CLI
- Lesson 3: Access Point Modes
- Lesson 4: Bridge Modes
- Lesson 5: Non-Client serving Modes
Module 4 - Unified Deployments
- Lesson 1: Initial controller Setup, and configure basic settings
- Lesson 2: Modes of operation available for a unified access point
- Lesson 3: Mechanisms by which an AP associates to a WLC
- Lesson 4: User Interfaces to the System
- Lesson 5: Radio Resource Management and CleanAir
- Lesson 6: Administering WLANs and AP Groups
- Lesson 7: Configuring Quality of Service
- Lesson 8: IPv6 Support
- Lesson 9: Identify and Configure the Wireless LAN
- Lesson 10: Security Parameters
- Lesson 11: General Administration
- Lesson 12: Guest Access
Module 5 - FlexConnect Deployments
- Lesson 1: Benefits and Limitations of FlexConnect Architecture
- Lesson 2: Operational Differences between
- Lesson 3: FlexConnect and Unified Architectures
Module 6 - Wireless LAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Routine Maintenance
- Lesson 2: Policy Configuration and Management
- Lesson 3: Gathering Data
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Eligible||VPA Eligible|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's