Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Reduce total cost of ownership and improve disaster recovery by virtualizing your organization's infrastructure with VMware vSphere. In this training course, you gain the knowledge and skills to deploy, configure, and manage a highly available virtual infrastructure by leveraging VMware vSphere, vCenter Server, and ESXi Server in an enterprise environment.
- Deploy and configure a virtual infrastructure with VMware vSphere
- Allocate networking and storage resources
- Create direct-attached storage and storage area networks
- Leverage vCenter Server for a secure and efficient IT environment.
Experience with Windows or Linux system administration and networking knowledge
You should know how to:
- Create and administer users, groups, and shared network resources
- Configure networking resources, such as routers, switches, and firewalls
- Specify hardware requirements for server operating systems and applications
- Remotely access and administer computers in a network environment
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Enterprise Virtualization Concepts
- Virtualizing physical hardware
- Mapping a physical data center topology to a virtual one
- Sharing storage resources
Installing and Configuring ESXi Server
- Walking through the installation steps
- Working with the Direct Console User Interface (DCUI)
Leveraging vCenter Server 6.0
- vCenter vs. Direct Connection for management
- Applying additional vCenter management objects
Configuring Network Resources
Defining vSphere network terminology
- Utilizing physical network resources
- Establishing ports and port groups
Designing virtual switches
- Engineering a virtual switch layout
- Combining physical network cards for automatic failover
- Implementing network policies for security
- Shaping network traffic
- Teaming network cards
Accessing Shared Storage
Creating and managing a data store
- VMkernel access to LUNs
- Setting up a Network File System (NFS) data store
- Comparing ESXi Server data store options
Enabling Fibre Channel storage
- Controlling access to the shared storage
- Making Fibre Channel LUNs available
Completing iSCSI setups
- Identifying the components of iSCSI
- Authenticating the ESXi Server with CHAP
Initiating VMFS data stores
- Creating a VMFS
- Extending a VMFS
Managing via VirtualCenter
Installing the vCenter components
- vCenter vs. vSphere Client
- vSphere license keys
- Maintaining and adding an ESXi Server to the inventory
vCenter and multiple data centers
- Grouping data centers in folders
- Combining hosts into a cluster
Working with Virtual Machines
Creating virtual machines
- Creating a base virtual machine image
- Enabling multiple CPUs with Virtual SMP
Customizing advanced VM features
- Improving performance with Vmware Tools
- Provisioning new VMs with templates and clones
- Moving VMs between ESXi Servers
- Preserving VM states with snapshots
Securing Access to the Infrastructure
Setting up security
- Authoring vCenter permissions
- Establishing permission inheritance
Initiating web access controls
- Providing end user access to VMs
- Managing VMs from the web
Extending Resource Management
Handling resource pools
- Allocating CPU and memory resources
- Defining Shares, Reservations and Limits
vSphere enterprise features
- Adding hosts to a High Availability (HA) cluster
- Moving a powered-on VM with vMotion
- Balancing resources with Distributed Resource Scheduler
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's