Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (CS-DCID v6.0)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
When you subscribe, you get:
Master Plus subscription plan gives you access to this course PLUS:
About this course:
Designing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCID) v6.0 is a five-day instructor-led course that focuses on data center design based on Cisco solutions. The course includes theoretical content, as well as design-oriented case studies that are in the form of testlets. The course is designed to help students prepare for Cisco CCNP® Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles.The course includes information on designing data centers with Cisco components and technologies. It covers network designs with virtualization, Layer 2 and Layer 3 technologies and routing protocols, and data center interconnect design options. Also covered are device virtualization technologies such as virtual data centers and network function virtualization with virtual appliances, including virtual switches, virtual routers, and virtual firewalls. Storage and SAN design is covered, with explanation of Fibre Channel networks and Cisco Unified Fabric. This course also helps in the preparation for Cisco: 300-160 DCID exam.
This course is part of the following Boot Camps:
- CS-CCNP-DC v6.0 CS-CCNP Data Center v6.0: Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Data Center Boot Camp v6.0 (CS-CCNP-DC v6.0)
The average salary for Cisco Certified Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Layer 2 switching and Layer 3 forwarding in a data center, including cabling and rack design for the access, aggregation, and core layers
- Design vPC, Cisco FabricPath, OTV, and LISP in customer scenarios and describe management options in the LAN
- Describe hardware virtualization and FEX technologies, discuss data center security threats and Cisco Virtual Application Container Services for IaaS, and describe management and automation options for the data center infrastructure
- Describe storage and RAID options, describe the Fibre Channel concept and architecture, and design Fibre Channel and FCoE networks, along with management options
- Describe the UCS C-Series, M-Series, and B-Series servers, with connectivity and adapter options. Compare the EHV and NPV network operations modes. Explain and distinguish among system integrated stack solutions and the management options for the UCS domains
- Design the resource parameters for a UCS domain and design the resource pools and policies used in UCS service profiles and templates
This course is intended for:
- Channel Partners
- Entry-level to experienced Network Administrator
- Senior Network Engineer
- Presales Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Data Center Administrator
- Senior Systems Engineer
- Senior Technical Solutions Architect
It is recommended that a learner has the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Implement data center networking (LAN and SAN)
- Describe data center storage
- Implement data center virtualization
- Implement Cisco Unified Computing System
- Implement data center automation and orchestration with the focus on ACI and UCS Director
- Describe products in the Cisco Data Center Nexus and MDS families
Suggested prerequisite courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Module 1: Data Center Network Connectivity Design
- Module 2: Data Center Infrastructure Design
- Module 3: Data Center Storage Network Design
- Module 4: Data Center Compute Connectivity Design
- Module 5: Data Center Compute Resource Parameters Design
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
|VPA Discount||VPA Discount|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's