Developing Rule Solutions in IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6 (WB390)
In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to design, develop, and integrate a business rule solution with Operational Decision Manager.
- Describe the benefits of implementing a decision management solution with Operational Decision Manager
- Identify the key user roles that are involved in designing and developing a decision management solution, and the tasks that are associated with each role
- Describe the development process of building a business rule application and the collaboration between business and development teams
- Set up and customize the business object model (BOM) and vocabulary for rule authoring
- Implement the execution object model (XOM) that enables rule execution
- Orchestrate rule execution through ruleflows
- Author rule artifacts to implement business policies
- Debug business rule applications to ensure that the implemented business logic is error-free
- Set up and customize the testing and simulation environment for business users
- Package and deploy rulesets to testing and production environments
- Integrate decision services for managed execution within an enterprise environment
- Build client applications to invoke ruleset execution
- Test, monitor, and audit execution of decision services
- Work with Operational Decision Manager features that support decision governance, including the decision governance framework for decision services
This intermediate course is designed for application developers.
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Experience with Java Platform, Standard Edition (Java SE)
- Knowledge of Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE)
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Note: If you do not meet all of the requirements, you can still complete the lab exercises for this class by following the step-by-step instructions that are provided.
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM Operational Decision Manager V8.6
- Exercise: Operational Decision Manager in action
- Getting started with business rule application development
- Exercise: Setting up rule projects
- Programming with business rules
- Developing object models
- Exercise: Working with the BOM
- Exercise: Refactoring
- Orchestrating ruleset execution
- Exercise: Working with ruleflows
- Authoring rules
- Exercise: Exploring action rules
- Exercise: Authoring action rules
- Exercise: Authoring decision tables and decision trees
- Customizing rule vocabulary with categories and domains
- Exercise: Working with static domains
- Exercise: Working with dynamic domains
- Queries and ruleset extraction
- Exercise: Queries and ruleset extraction
- Debugging rules
- Exercise: Executing rules locally
- Exercise: Debugging a ruleset
- Enabling tests and simulations
- Exercise: Enabling tests and simulations
- Managing deployment
- Exercise: Managing deployment
- Executing rules with Rule Execution Server
- Exercise: Exploring the Rule Execution Server console
- Exercise: Executing rules with Rule Execution Server in Java SE
- Exercise: Executing rules with Rule Execution Server in Java EE
- Exercise: Executing rules as a hosted transparent decision service (HTDS)
- Auditing and monitoring ruleset execution
- Exercise: Auditing ruleset execution through Decision Warehouse
- Working with the REST API
- Exercise: Working with the REST API
- Introducing decision governance
- Exercise: Working with decision services
- Course summary
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Get A Team Quote or Got Questions?
- Personalize learning based on competencies, goals & tools
- Expert Mentoring
- Hands on Labs & Assignments
- AI Curated Digital Book Content
- Adaptive Learning Paths
- Analytics & Benchmarking
- High certification Pass Rates – Over 200,000 people certified and more than 95% of our learners pass their certification on the first attempt