Developing websites using IBM Web Content Manager 8 (WPL43)
About Individual Course:
About this course:
IBM Web Content Manager is a powerful solution that delivers engaging, personalized web experiences across multiple channels. It keeps content relevant, consistent, and drives higher conversion rates, improves customer loyalty, and increases user engagement. Through hands-on exercises, web developers will go through the entire lifecycle process from planning through development and delivery. This version of the course specifically addresses new features in IBM Web Content Manager 8.0 such as :
- New topics such as WCM tags, CTC, Page templates, and Managed Pages
- New authoring environment that uses basic and standard home page
- Change management features such as Project Workflow
- Build a website using IBM Web Content Manager
- Create components for reuse and ease of maintenance
- Create a content authoring system and authoring templates for ease of use by users who maintain content
- Implement change management practices
- The target audience for this intermediate course is users who need to build a website and authoring system using IBM Web Content Manager 8.
- Some experience using HTML and CSS
- Experience in website development and maintenance
- Experience in existing workflow and security practices
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Module - 1
- Unit 1. Overview of Web Content Manager
- Exercise 1. Overview of Web Content Manager
- Unit 2. Templates, components, items, and WCM search
- Exercise 2. Templates, components, items, and WCM search
Module - 2
- Unit 3. WCM Content Tags
- Unit 4. Pages, portlets, and page templates
- Exercise 4. Pages, portlets, and page templates
- Unit 5. Content acquisition
Module - 3
- Unit 6. Adding navigational components to your website
- Exercise 6. Adding navigational components to your website
- Unit 7. Adding rule-based content
- Exercise 7. Adding rule-based content
Module - 4
- Unit 8. Custom authoring features
- Exercise 8. Custom authoring features
- Unit 9. Working with drafts, workflows, and projects
- Exercise 9. Working with drafts, workflows, and projects
Module - 5
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||5 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact email@example.com with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from email@example.com. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.