DevOps Using Visual Studio TFS Team Foundation Server 2015 (DevOps-VS-TFS)
Virtual Instructor-LedLearning Style
3 DaysCourse Duration
Select A Class Schedule
The course starts by introducing DevOps and the Visual Studio 2015 product family. We'll look at how you can reduce lead time using the Agile planning tools in Visual Studio with still aligning with Enterprise goals.
Next we’ll look at how a number of features in Visual Studio 2015 including Code Clone Analysis, CodeLens and Code Maps can help you reduce technical debt and thereby help increase team productivity.
The course then focuses on the new scriptable, cross-platform build system introduced in TFS 2015 and how to use it. We briefly examine the current version of Release Management for Visual Studio 2015 before deep diving into Release Management vNext. Release Management vNext is in Visual Studio Team Services and TFS 2015 Update 2.
The course then looks at the benefits of PowerShell and the use of Desired State Configuration (DSC) to configure the machines where you’ll deploy your application components. The final modules of the course look at Application Insights and how you can monitor your application.
This course includes hands-on labs to reinforce practical skills and ensure you're ready to use the tools on your return to your workplace.
- Describe the full feature-set of Microsoft’s Application Lifecycle Management suite
- Use the Agile Planning tools to maintain a prioritised flow of work to the team
- Identify the problems caused by technical debt
- Use some common features in Visual Studio to help reduce Technical Debt
- Describe the current features in TFS or VSTS focused on build and release management
- Plan and configure a scalable build environment including pools and queues
- Configure appropriate security on pools and queues
- Author build definitions
- Configure Continuous Integration (CI) builds as well as scheduled builds
- Use existing build templates as well as create new build templates
- Create custom build workflow using build steps
- Automate the execution of tests as part of our build
- Understand the features of the current version of Release Management for Visual Studio
- Use Release Management vNext to create and manage releases
- Use Release Management vNext to create environments
- Manage configuration information in each environment
- Deploy software to both on-premises servers as well as to Azure
- Configure Continuous Release by triggering releases from builds
- Create approval workflows and track releases across environments
- Configure Application Insights to provide rich information about the availability, usage and performance of your application
This course is designed for .NET developers, TFS Administrators and Build masters. It is a hands-on look at various technologies rather than a high-level management overview.
Attendees should be familiar with Visual Studio and the basic use of Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Team Services.
|Learning Style||Virtual Instructor-Led|
|Course Duration||3 Days|
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Project Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Career Paths - Find The Quickest Path To What You Need To Learn
- One Subscription, All Access - Take Multiple Courses & Become An Expert
- Manage Your Organization Through Learner & Manager Analytics
- Virtual Instructor-Led Training Supplemented With Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's
Sales (866) 991-3924
Mon-Fri. 8am-6pm CST