Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
4 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
Increase productivity by avoiding low-level Java coding characteristic of MapReduce, and rapidly begin extracting business value for competitive advantage. In this big data training course, you will learn to gain access to previously inaccessible data, gather and feed data into Hadoop for storage, transform and filter data using Pig, and extract value using Hive and Spark SQL.
- Manipulate complex data sets stored in Hadoop for competitive advantage
- Automate the transfer of data into Hadoop storage with Flume and Sqoop
- Filter data with Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) operations using Pig
- Query multiple data sets for analysis with Pig and Hive
- Perform real-time queries on Hadoop data with Tez and Spark SQL
- Knowledge of databases and SQL
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
The Hadoop Ecosystem
- Hadoop overview
- Surveying the Hadoop components
- Defining the Hadoop architecture
Exploring HDFS and MapReduce
Storing data in HDFS
- Achieving reliable and secure storage
- Monitoring storage metrics
- Controlling HDFS from the Command Line
Parallel processing with MapReduce
- Detailing the MapReduce approach
- Transferring algorithms not data
- Dissecting the key stages of a MapReduce job
Automating data transfer
- Facilitating data Ingress and Egress
- Aggregating data with Flume
- Configuring data fan in and fan out
- Moving relational data with Sqoop
Executing Data Flows with Pig
Describing characteristics of Apache Pig
- Contrasting Pig with MapReduce
- Identifying Pig use cases
- Pinpointing key Pig configurations
Structuring unstructured data
- Representing data in Pig's data model
- Running Pig Latin commands at the Grunt Shell
- Expressing transformations in Pig Latin Syntax
- Invoking Load and Store functions
Performing ETL with Pig
Transforming data with Relational Operators
- Creating new relations with joins
- Reducing data size by sampling
- Extending Pig with user?defined functions
Filtering data with Pig
- Consolidating data sets with unions
- Partitioning data sets with splits
- Injecting parameters into Pig scripts
Manipulating Data with Hive
Leveraging business advantages of Hive
- Factoring Hive into components
- Imposing structure on data with Hive
Organizing data in Hive Data Warehouse
- Creating Hive databases and tables
- Contrasting available data types in Hive
- Loading and storing data efficiently with SerDes
Designing data layout for maximum performance
- Populating tables from queries
- Partitioning Hive Tables for optimal queries
- Composing HiveQL queries
Extracting Business Value with HiveQL
Performing joins on unstructured data
- Distinguishing joins available in Hive
- Optimizing join structure for performance
Pushing HiveQL to the limit
- Sorting, distributing and clustering data
- Reducing query complexity with views
- Improving query performance with indexes
Deploying Hive in production
- Designing Hive schemas
- Setting up data compression
- Debugging Hive scripts
Streamlining storage management with HCatalog
- Unifying the data view with HCatalog
- Leveraging HCatalog to access the Hive metastore
- Communicating via the HCatalog interfaces
- Populating a Hive table from Pig
Interacting with Hadoop Data in Real Time
- Reducing data access times with Spark SQL
- Querying Hive data with Spark SQL
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||4 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's