F5 Networks Configuring BIG-IP AFM v12: Advanced Firewall Manager (F5-AFM-12)
Virtual ClassroomLearning Style
2 DaysCourse Duration
About Individual Course:
About this course:
Students are introduced to the AFM user interface, stepping through various options that demonstrate how AFM is configured to build a network firewall and to detect and protect against DoS (Denial of Service) attacks. Reporting and log facilities are also explained and used in the course labs. Further Firewall functionality and additional DoS facilities for DNS and SIP traffic are discussed.
The average salary for Network Engineer is $77,484 per year.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Installation and setup of the BIG-IP AFM system
- AFM network firewall concepts
- Network firewall options and modes
- Network firewall rules, policies, address/port lists , rule lists and schedules
- IP Intelligence facilities of dynamic black and white lists, IP reputation database and dynamic IP shunning.
- Detection and mitigation of DoS attacks
- Event logging of firewall rules and DoS attacks
- Reporting and notification facilities
- DoS Whitelists
- DoS Sweep/Flood
- DNS Firewall and DNS DoS
- SIP DoS
- Network Firewall and DoS iRules
- Various AFM component troubleshooting commands
This course is intended for:
- Network operators, network administrators, network engineers, network architects, security administrators, and security architects responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP Advanced Firewall Manager (AFM) system.
- Administering BIG-IP, OSI model, TCP/IP addressing and routing, WAN, LAN environments, and server redundancy concepts; or having achieved TMOS Administration Certification
Suggested prerequisites courses:
Virtual Instructed-Led Outline
Lesson 1 : Setting Up the BIG-IP System
Introducing the BIG-IP System
Lesson 2 : AFM Overview and Network Firewall
Lesson 3 : Logs
Lesson 4 : IP Intelligence
Lesson 5 : Device DoS
Lesson 6 : Reports
Lesson 7 : DoS White Lists
Lesson 8 : DoS Sweep Flood Protection
Lesson 9 : IP Intelligence Shun
IP Intelligence Shun
Lesson 10 : DNS Firewall
Lesson 11 : DNS DoS
Lesson 12 : SIP DoS
Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
Lesson 13 : Network Firewall iRules
Network Firewall iRules
Lesson 14 : DoS iRules
Lesson 15 : Additional Training and Certification
Getting Started Series Web-Based Training
|Learning Style||Virtual Classroom|
|Course Duration||2 Days|
Frequently Asked Questions About Virtual Instructor-Led Courses
I can't connect to my class, what are my options?
The link to the class is available upon logging in to your dashboard. If you are unable to see it, please contact our support team at 1-855-800-8240 and they will be happy to provide you the direct link via email or the dial in number.
I can't make it to attend to class. Can I reschedule?
Yes, you can reschedule your class. Please contact your Sales representative and they will arrange this for you. If you forgot his/her name, feel free to contact our support team at email@example.com or 1-855-800-8240.
Will I get my certificate upon completion?
Yes. Upon completion of the course, it will be available on your course as a Trophy Icon for you to download. If you do not see this, you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the following details so they can email you the certificate: Class Name, Class Date, Account Rep, and Your Email.
I cannot connect to my lab. Help!
Your Lab is accessible on the bottom part of your course. You will see a button that says "LAB". Just click it to launch the lab. Please note that some classes don’t need/require a LAB. You can verify with our support team by calling them at 1-855-800-8240 or by email at email@example.com. You can also check with your Instructor or the Associate Instructor if your class includes one.
What is my access code for Skillpipe?
A. Not all of the classes have or require Skillpipe. If your class includes one, please check your email as you should have received one from firstname.lastname@example.org. In case you do not find it in your inbox, please check the Spam / Junk folder. For any further assistance, you can call the support at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at email@example.com.
I don't have audio. I can't hear the instructor.
Make sure you are using a compatible headset for your laptop or computer. If you don’t have a headset, you can use the built-in speaker of your laptop. Otherwise, you can use the dial in option by calling the dial in number provided in the class joining email. You may also contact support team for the dial in numbers associated for your training at 1-855-800-8240 or contact them via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can I reach student support?
Support can be reach via phone at 1855-800-8240; via email at email@example.com or via chat support through the chat button on our website. Please note that support office hours will be from 8am-5pm CST Monday to Friday. Any concerns after office hours will be attended the following business day.
Have Questions? Ask Us.
Turn Training Into A Personalized Learning Experience
- Problem Solving through ExpertConnect & Peer-To-Peer Learning
- Find The Quickest Path To Learn With Career Paths
- Access All Courses With Master Subscription
- Manage Your Team With Learning Analytics
- Virtual Classroom Training & Self-Paced Learning
- Integrate With Your LMS Through API's